1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Is Numberdummy a wizard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:47 AM
Eric1976mi
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Numberdummy a wizard?

I've pretty much read every single post and I came to a conclusion.. Numberdummy must be a wizard. Do we need to sacrifice a goat or a virgin to keep him around? I don't have a goat but there's a couple squirrels in my yard that I can donate.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:37 AM
TA455HO
Lead Driver
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts
Here's 2 favorite recents of mine. Read these carefully and then talk to me about sacrificing squirrels. Sometimes I'd personally rather just sacrifice ND. Lol.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-mirrors.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-markings.html

Chad

Old 07-23-2017, 12:49 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by TA455HO
Here's 2 favorite recents of mine. Read these carefully and then talk to me about sacrificing squirrels. Sometimes I'd personally rather just sacrifice ND. Lol.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-mirrors.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-markings.html

Chad

I have to side with TA455HO on this one. ND and I have a "love, hate" relationship. I "love" arguing with him and he "Hate's" that I do.
I say sacrifice ND.
So Eric1976mi, stick around and you'll soon see why most of us feel this way. Granted he's a wealth of information but, if it's not in a parts book or catalogue, (according to ND) then it is not real nor did it happen.
My father-in-law retired from Ford at the Mahwah plant in NJ. We talked about a lot of things that went on, if I was to say all my FIL said on this forum ND would call my FATHER-IN-LAW a liar, then there would be a sacrifice, guess who would be sacrificed?
When you go to a zoo there are signs saying "Do not feed the animal's" so STOP!!
One more thing about ND, if he gives you a part number or he tells you where there might be a part, "YOU!!!" will be "INDEBTED" to him FOREVER!!!!! He's not right.
"Do not feed his ego"

Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Eric1976mi
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol got it. Ive only been around here for a couple weeks. The books aren't always right, I have a dodge Durango radiator in my 64. I'm a fabricator by trade and know all about making things work that shouldn't.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:52 PM
skidoorulz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
Don't be pissing off ND. He is a suitcase full of information along with many others of you on this site. One day he will be gone and one more page of Ford history will go with him. Yes sometimes he does get a little riled but who on here doesn't? He has helped me with several things and he has never made me feel like I owed him anything. I remember a early 64 F 100 tail light conversation we had and yes I was told what I had did not exist but did not let it bother me in the least bit. I knew I was right on that issue and that is all that mattered. As my Grandfather once said to me a long time ago, son you have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:10 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by skidoorulz
Don't be pissing off ND. He is a suitcase full of information along with many others of you on this site. One day he will be gone and one more page of Ford history will go with him. Yes sometimes he does get a little riled but who on here doesn't? He has helped me with several things and he has never made me feel like I owed him anything. I remember a early 64 F 100 tail light conversation we had and yes I was told what I had did not exist but did not let it bother me in the least bit. I knew I was right on that issue and that is all that mattered. As my Grandfather once said to me a long time ago, son you have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Your Grandfather was a wise man, cherish his words. At the same time if chickens are dying, do you blame the rooster?
As I stated ND is a wealth of information, but that's only book smart. Do you know what "Theory" means? Also how many Ford plants were in existence between 1950 and 1980? Do you think ND was at any, and all of these plants recording what came off the line and what didn't? Do you know the difference between a line worker and a suit? Are you aware of what workers did?
Praise the Dummy,(Why?) Ignore the line workers? "Really?"
This is a fight I'm willing to battle. Protect the "Counter person" Protect the Part's salesperson" "Protect the Suit's" Bullcrap. I know the truth. Backup your "Theory" and we will resume round 2.
Otherwise, lets put this wounded animal down. Please do not EVER try to praise this person because it will bite you in the behind.
I know the Moderators are up for humor, so this will not be the first thread they have closed on me because of my "Wording" They also want ND here for people like you.

Attached Images   
Old 07-23-2017, 03:51 PM
skidoorulz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
Bitter??????? I was just saying there are many people who are a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a lot when it came to restoring my 64 that won 1st place in its class at the Billings Montana all original show last week. This year Tom Gerard (google him) did not bring anything and that is why I got 1st in my opinion. Anyways if all the experts in their field were to leave this or any other forum I would have been up **** creek without a paddle as I have always had a love for anything Mopar but chose to restore this family Ford not knowing anything about Ford. So no neither you or ND or TA or anyone else should be sacrificed to anything because of disagreements. That is how forums die a slow death. JMHO

Old 07-23-2017, 04:05 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
ND knows the Fords parts Catalogue's inside out no question, but Ford's parts Catalogue's are notorious for errors , omissions and just generally being messed up they are correct about 95% of the time but it is that 5% that gets ya every time, and the Canadian Catalogues were even worse, Ford Canada sort of did their own thing and some weird stuff at that and for many years, with Canadian specific items many times having separate supplemental's covering it especially in the era of the micro fiche.

ND provides a great service to many on here who either do not have access to the parts catalogue's or have no idea how to decipher them (there is a reason parts
person has a journeyman qualification in this province) .

I think ND just needs to realize that the books are not always correct , contain errors and omissions and not take everything that is printed in them as the undeniable gospel truth.
I get the attitude though if the book says it's that way it is. As most of the time that is the way it is. And many times (95%) you get people that have NO clue at all what they are talking about, we see that every day on the message boards where individuals ignore the basic information given to them to trouble shoot problems then come back and say they still have the same problem when they failed to do the most basic of proper trouble shooting when it was given to them in black and white.

So ya I get ND's attitude and frustration at times, I tend to be the same way and do not suffer or tolerate fools and idiots well and can be a bit salty at times, but most of here are not the 95% many of us fall in the 5% and a few are in that 1% that have more than just clue.

ND is part of the community and we as a whole are richer for his knowledge and contribution even if it comes with a few caveats, we all have our moments but hey it is what keeps the board interesting and I dare say fun.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:27 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by gangstakr
Your Grandfather was a wise man, cherish his words. At the same time if chickens are dying, do you blame the rooster?
As I stated ND is a wealth of information, but that's only book smart. Do you know what "Theory" means? Also how many Ford plants were in existence between 1950 and 1980? Do you think ND was at any, and all of these plants recording what came off the line and what didn't? Do you know the difference between a line worker and a suit? Are you aware of what workers did?
Praise the Dummy,(Why?) Ignore the line workers? "Really?"
This is a fight I'm willing to battle. Protect the "Counter person" Protect the Part's salesperson" "Protect the Suit's" Bullcrap. I know the truth. Backup your "Theory" and we will resume round 2.
Otherwise, lets put this wounded animal down. Please do not EVER try to praise this person because it will bite you in the behind.
I know the Moderators are up for humor, so this will not be the first thread they have closed on me because of my "Wording" They also want ND here for people like you.
You opinion has been noted. More than once.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:29 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Oh, and yes, this thread is being closed. I'll let Tim deal with it as he sees fit.