Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

March 2017 and another chat and BS thread is born.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 11:31 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Not sure on how long regarding residency...not sure if you need to if you bring in your new driver's license with a Christian County address to the courthouse and tell them you want to transfer / apply. Most places ...I say most will alow you to use your NC ccw until your Christian County one comes in etc...sometimes it is a delay in processing backgrounds and your paperwork.... I know Greene County is 3 months out...

Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 AM
77&79F250
Received 3,361 Likes on 2,499 Posts
Originally Posted by BORDERBUM
and less fun stuff...
I know how that is now days....I miss my "fun stuff".

Attached Images    
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got off of the phone with Christian County Sheriff. And was told basically what I was thinking. After we get moved in, and have proof of our new Missouri residence, like mail with our name's and address on it, drivers license, etc, we are Missouri resident again. So within a month or so.
And then I'd have to start from scratch for my Mo. CCW. And I'll want it in case we/I travel to another state that recognizes Missouri's CCW laws and guidelines.

Whew!

Unk Bob

Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 PM
77&79F250
CCW class locations close to Spg. https://www.missouricarry.com/catego...-ccw-training/

Most are a 1 day and 40 rds done deal.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:09 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
CCW class locations close to Spg. https://www.missouricarry.com/catego...-ccw-training/

Most are a 1 day and 40 rds done deal.

I'm guessing it's about the same thing that I did here, but I'm sure some laws are different.

Unk Bob

Old 03-22-2017, 01:11 PM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
It's one thing for a landlord or rental company telling you they don't allow certain breeds, but for freaking insurance company?

I'd told them where they could go and switch to a new company.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:17 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
Alan, FYI I was cruising Craigslist this morning and saw an ad for Dustless Sandblasting. White and company Dustless Blasting in Marionville MO. I remember reading you were interested in doing this also. Thought you might want to know. Bruce

Old 03-22-2017, 01:46 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man
It's one thing for a landlord or rental company telling you they don't allow certain breeds, but for freaking insurance company?

I'd told them where they could go and switch to a new company.
For one I didn't have the Rottweiler anymore...but when if your pride outweighs the $60 a month in savings that's in my pocket ...but it wasn't worth the argument for me since I didn't have the dog and I need the extra money.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Afternoon all. I turned on my computer to transfer pictures from my camera and discovered the campground has wifi - and it's on.

Quick update on Dad... He was transferred to Phelps County Monday night because there wasn't any bed space in Lebanon. He's been diagnosed with diverticulitis and is doing very well. The bleeding has stopped but they are holding him until they make sure the bleeding won't return when he goes back on regular food. Nikki (the wonder daughter) volunteered to remain behind to take Mom back and forth to the hospital. Both Mom & Dad insisted that there wasn't any reason for us to cut our trip short so I'm still out at Meramec State Park trying to relax a little.

After much frustration trying to find someone more interested in solving the sway problem than making a commission on a sale, the wife and I decided to go with a double bar set-up for the trip home. It was the least expensive solution that was actually available without having to wait for delivery. We had a single bar set-up, but the length of the trailer requires the 2nd bar.

Before I left home yesterday morning, I grabbed everything I thought I would need to install whatever we came up with and tossed it into my big tool bag. You should have seen the look on the guy's face when he started rattling of the list of tools I'd need to install the other side and I had every one except for the right size drill bit.

I'm beginning to decompress a little - finding wifi has made the youngest quite happy. He was going into internet withdrawl.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:19 PM
77&79F250
Hurrah for you Dave/family/Dad and the camper and wifi, so kick the shoes off and RELAX brother, you earned it.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Better believe it Rich. I'm kicked back in the recliner trying to decide whether to go outside and build a fire or not. Lots of limbs down from the winter so firewood isn't a problem.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:07 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Bronco Graveyard... $26 shipping on 4 items 3 of which could all be shoved in a priority mail shoebox size sucker......urggg...oh well ...I knew the shipping was always bad on these parts places...except eBay

Old 03-22-2017, 06:29 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Grems4ever

Quick update on Dad... He was transferred to Phelps County Monday night because there wasn't any bed space in Lebanon. He's been diagnosed with diverticulitis and is doing very well. The bleeding has stopped but they are holding him until they make sure the bleeding won't return when he goes back on regular food. Nikki (the wonder daughter) volunteered to remain behind to take Mom back and forth to the hospital. Both Mom & Dad insisted that there wasn't any reason for us to cut our trip short so I'm still out at Meramec State Park trying to relax a little.

After much frustration trying to find someone more interested in solving the sway problem than making a commission on a sale, the wife and I decided to go with a double bar set-up for the trip home. It was the least expensive solution that was actually available without having to wait for delivery. We had a single bar set-up, but the length of the trailer requires the 2nd bar.
Before I left home yesterday morning, I grabbed everything I thought I would need to install whatever we came up with and tossed it into my big tool bag. You should have seen the look on the guy's face when he started rattling of the list of tools I'd need to install the other side and I had every one except for the right size drill bit.
I'm beginning to decompress a little - finding wifi has made the youngest quite happy. He was going into internet withdrawl.
That's great Dave!
I hope you and the family can finish your getaway and have a nice time, and a safe trip back home.

Unk Bob

Old 03-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BORDERBUM
Bronco Graveyard... $26 shipping on 4 items 3 of which could all be shoved in a priority mail shoebox size sucker......urggg...oh well ...I knew the shipping was always bad on these parts places...except eBay
I've been quite satisfied with the shipping costs from RockAuto. Amazon Prime is also good if you know exactly what you need. Of course - eBay's free shipping is always nice.

There is one change I am going to have to make on Big Green. It really needs deeper gears as the 3.73s aren't really cutting it. 4.10s would bring the official towing ratings back above where my current weight. Finding a good Dana 70 from an E-Series van would be the easiest, but finding one with 4.10s that isn't beat to death isn't going to be easy.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Dave are you gonna go to the Merimac Caverns, while you're there?
it's a pretty cool place and they have zip lines too if you're into that.
On the way to the caverns is the Jessie James Musium. It's kinda small, but is interesting, and has lots of old guns.
Of course there's the musiums and other intersting old buildings and relics right there in the park.

Quick Reply: March 2017 and another chat and BS thread is born.