March 2018 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 06:55 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
March 2018 Chat Thread

March is here !!
I can officially say I go on our cruise next month! Excited and very much looking forward to it. Work is slowing down because of all the rain lately so I took the day off of work. I have to run to the tag office and get the tag for the motorhome. I didn't know they don't send them like car tags, you have to go into the tag office. Going to try and replace the pulley on the riding mower today and move the little wheel horse lawn mower into the basement. Once the new water valve comes in for the motorhome I will get that replaced. Going to load the motorhome and get the boat ready for our weekend outing. This little trip will knock the rust off and see if there are other things I need to do before our trip to the beach. Next 2 things are to mount the tow plate to the hummer and install the tow lights.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:00 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I put the new pulley on the riding mower and have it going again, just in time for mowing season! Moved the motorhome close to the house to hooked up the house power. I changed the leaking toilet valve and have the fridge cooling down. Went to town and got the tag, long line and 80 bucks later I got my Georgia tag ! Made a stop at Wally World and got some supplies. I charged and reinstalled the battery in the boat and got it hooked up to the Suburban. I think we are ready to give this thing a try.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:49 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I put the new pulley on the riding mower and have it going again, just in time for mowing season! Moved the motorhome close to the house to hooked up the house power. I changed the leaking toilet valve and have the fridge cooling down. Went to town and got the tag, long line and 80 bucks later I got my Georgia tag ! Made a stop at Wally World and got some supplies. I charged and reinstalled the battery in the boat and got it hooked up to the Suburban. I think we are ready to give this thing a try.
Have fun .
i got the tractor loaded to take back to the land Monday. All I need is dirt for the pool

Old 03-04-2018, 11:26 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
We are back!
The fun started before I even left the yard, got stuck and had to have the neighbors big 4 wheel drive tractor come pull us out. Got to the campground and everything went pretty good. The previous owner left a ton of grey and black water in the tanks. Glad to have those emptied and cleaned out. Good news is the water heater, heaters, washer dryer, fridge and ice maker all work!! One thing we will most definitely have to buy is a digital antenna because we watched 20 hours of mickey mouse since we could not pick up any over the air channels. Another thing is a topper for the master bed because it is hard as a rock. Awning didn't want to roll up right so I got a bungee cord and strapped it to the side of the motorhome. I got it finally roll up right after messing with it in the yard. The right arm seems a little bent and an end cap is about to break so another thing to add to the list to look at.

All in all we had a good time, we got to grill out and the outside TV hookup worked great.. The girls went fishing off the bank but nothing was biting. We did not take the boat since we got a late start. A few upgrades and a minor repair and we should be OK for our trip to the beach.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:36 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
We are back!
The fun started before I even left the yard, got stuck and had to have the neighbors big 4 wheel drive tractor come pull us out. Got to the campground and everything went pretty good. The previous owner left a ton of grey and black water in the tanks. Glad to have those emptied and cleaned out. Good news is the water heater, heaters, washer dryer, fridge and ice maker all work!! One thing we will most definitely have to buy is a digital antenna because we watched 20 hours of mickey mouse since we could not pick up any over the air channels. Another thing is a topper for the master bed because it is hard as a rock. Awning didn't want to roll up right so I got a bungee cord and strapped it to the side of the motorhome. I got it finally roll up right after messing with it in the yard. The right arm seems a little bent and an end cap is about to break so another thing to add to the list to look at.

All in all we had a good time, we got to grill out and the outside TV hookup worked great.. The girls went fishing off the bank but nothing was biting. We did not take the boat since we got a late start. A few upgrades and a minor repair and we should be OK for our trip to the beach.
Glad yall had a good time. You did not drive off in the ditch did you? That can twist the body dont ask

Old 03-04-2018, 03:32 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
No, I backed off the gravel driveway some to turn around and it sunk in the dirt faster than a sub with a screen door.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:33 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
No, I backed off the gravel driveway some to turn around and it sunk in the dirt faster than a sub with a screen door.
so you going to put a bunch of gravel there?

Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am but not where I sank. I have figured a different way to back out and avoid that area all together. I have to remove a tree at the end of the driveway, just about hit it pulling in the driveway. How I did not hit it the night I brought the motorhome home I have no idea.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:35 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
[QUOTE=ChiefM;17841479]I am but not where I sank. I have figured a different way to back out and avoid that area all together. I have to remove a tree at the end of the driveway, just about hit it pulling in the driveway. How I did not hit it the night I brought the motorhome home I have

when we had ours I could only come in from the south. Made the mistake once and tried it from the north hence in the ditch. The left rears dropped in the ditch rt front was off the ground

Old 03-08-2018, 02:34 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am pumping out the jobs at work this week. I hope to keep up the trend and get top tech again and a good efficiency bonus before we go on our cruise next month. Getting excited as it gets closer and closer. I got my special socket for the generator drain plug and hope to finish up the service on that this weekend.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I am pumping out the jobs at work this week. I hope to keep up the trend and get top tech again and a good efficiency bonus before we go on our cruise next month. Getting excited as it gets closer and closer. I got my special socket for the generator drain plug and hope to finish up the service on that this weekend.
it be here before you know it

Old 03-08-2018, 06:23 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I know, It seem'd to take forever for the Disney trip to come and then it was over in no time. I have a feeling this cruise will be the same way. Come and gone in no time. I can't wait for the beach trip. Drive there, set up and relax. I think w have decided to go to Discovery Cove and Sea World next year.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I know, It seem'd to take forever for the Disney trip to come and then it was over in no time. I have a feeling this cruise will be the same way. Come and gone in no time. I can't wait for the beach trip. Drive there, set up and relax. I think w have decided to go to Discovery Cove and Sea World next year.
they will tempt you to book another cruise while on board

Old 03-08-2018, 06:54 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Found an RV resort in Panama City beach for the weekend of 6th thru the 8th of July for our beach trip. Waiting to hear if they offer a military discount to book. We will see on another cruise, have to see how little man does on this one first. The plan is to try and do different things. We may go back to Disney the way latter part of next year but it would be more relaxing and less park days. .

Old 03-08-2018, 06:57 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Found an RV resort in Panama City beach for the weekend of 6th thru the 8th of July for our beach trip. Waiting to hear if they offer a military discount to book. We will see on another cruise, have to see how little man does on this one first. The plan is to try and do different things. We may go back to Disney the way latter part of next year but it would be more relaxing and less park days. .
need to get all the toys paid off so you can afford fuel for the motorhome

Quick Reply: March 2018 Chat Thread