Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Volunteers needed...Regional/Sectional Indiana Assistants!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation Volunteers needed...Regional/Sectional Indiana Assistants!

Hello Indiana chapter!

Well I'm back from my extended vacation that I had just started as the election was wrapping up...and I'm looking forward to start to get our chapter re-energized!

The first order of business that I would like to attend to is to seek some volunteers to act as sectional/regional assistants around the state as it will be impossible for me to personally hold meet and greets during the weekday around the state...(I'm thinking dinner meetings/gatherings and then a short drive as a group?...we used to do this with my motorcycle chapter and it was a lot of fun for a couple of hours once a month or so).

What I'm thinking about is having 3-4 assistants help out around the state. The areas I'm thinking about are Northwest (Gary/South Bend area), Southwest (Evansville area), Southeast (Madison area) and since Indianapolis is so large one in that area and I'll cover the Northeast (Fort Wayne area).

I'm also open to suggestions since this is YOUR chapter on what regional areas make sense if mine don't...so post suggestions there too.

What I'm looking for are either posts in this thread stating you are WILLING to help in a given region or you can also send me a PM stating your willingness to help out.

The amount of time required?...I know folks will ask...right now I have no idea but if we can get a few regional meets a few months out of the year that would be great...so maybe a few hours a month to help organize?

I'm also thinking about trying to hold maybe 2-3 state wide events per year where folks can join in as a whole state...I'm thinking about moving the events around the state during the spring/summer/fall months where folks that do camp can do that as a group and those that don't can meet at the state parks pavillion areas to picnic and have a pot luck meal, etc...this way we can meet as a chapter a few times per year and have some face to face time and move it around the state too! I will take the lead on the state wide meet and greets but having some assistance is ALWAYS APPRECIATED too so let me know if you are interested in helping there too!!!

I'll also start soliciting folks for IDEAS on what they would like to see our chapter do (different thread) since this is YOUR chapter...so see that post as well.

I'm really looking forward to working with everyone and meeting as many Indiana Chapter members as I can and GROW OUR CHAPTER in the process...plus getting all of us together a few times per year to talk trucks, camping, families, politics () whatever ... should go a long way to re-energize our state chapter!

Take care and don't be shy...volunteer to help make OUR state chapter one of the most active on FTE!!!
And if for some reason you haven't joined our chapter yet...it is painless, quick and FREE...simply click the link at the top left of this page "Join Chapter".

Joe.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
79F150EFI
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to be in charge of anything, but I can definitely help assist with anything in my area (columbus, in).

Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Want-A-Be 7.3
Senior User
I'm willing to help if I can, I mostly work second shift, but count me in.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:44 AM
irishhandyman
Junior User
I like your ideas. Speaking for the southern part of the state, about half way between Bloomington and Evansville, I hope someone that has the time, patience and know how to help those of us at this end of the state. I'm not a mechanic and I dont pretend to be one. On the otherhand I have had to be my own. I have a little knowledge that maybe someone could use and I would be happy to help where I can.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Scratcher
More Turbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My time is severely limited but maybe there's something I can do in the Indy area.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Otahyoni
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems i'm always the odd man out...

I don't really fit in any of the areas, but i don't warrant my own area. I don't even know of another IDI guy around here...

Old 03-31-2015, 02:21 AM
nixer
Senior User
we used to do these meets back in the old days. the problem is that most ppl font spend time here unless they are having issues with their truck/s. also it almost never happened up in the north.