6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Air Bags

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 PM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
I have a rather stupid question... how do you drain/fill these airbags without an air control system? I have an air compressor (and a second air tank) in the garage. If it's just a matter of routing a line to an easily accessible place... airbags might be in the near future for me. I could feasibly carry the air tank with me to make any adjustments on the road. thoughts?
I never had a on board compressor. More money,more gadets to maintain. Each bag has a line to the lowest point right in front of the rear wheel well. You inflate it like any tire. When done you push on the valve with something and the air comes out fast. Check it with a tire gauge. I now just check it by hight from the helper..

Old 10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LI Happy Camper
Can the same no drill firestone air bags be installed on a 2011 Ford DRW diesel 4X4?
Follow this link that I posted above. It does not specifiy SRW/DRW, only says it will fit F250/350 4X4 Diesel, so I don't see where there would be a problem. You should call them.

Ford F250 / F350 Firestone Air Bags

Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a rather stupid question... how do you drain/fill these airbags without an air control system? I have an air compressor (and a second air tank) in the garage. If it's just a matter of routing a line to an easily accessible place... airbags might be in the near future for me. I could feasibly carry the air tank with me to make any adjustments on the road. thoughts?
Yes, when you purchase the kit it comes with air lines and 2 valve stems just like on tires, do what Mr. Caper advises. Firestone provides enough air line so that you can mount these valves pretty much anywhere you like.

I tow 6 different trailers and have many different sets of gear I load so I use the in-cab gauge connected to an air compressor and I can change the pressure while I drive as much as my heart desires. Very nice. If you stick with the standard route, you'll learn your psi preference and it's easy to deal with. No need to carry a tank as long as you can find air at a fuel stop.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
My air bags have separate lines for each one complete with lines and valve stems. My valve stems are mounted just below the tailgate and in back of the bumper. You fill the air bags just like would a tire by adding air or releasing air to get to your proper poundage.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 AM
machine62
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like the bottom bracket is mounted to the top of the rear axle and not the top of the leaf spring. If I put a rear axle block in that is 3" taller than factory (lift kit) is there a way to still make this kit work? Maybe some kind of a spacer or a different kit?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
machine62
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never mind. I see that they offer different size spacers at suspension connection. Now I just need to determine if the lift blocks are tapered or not. I will be installing the readylift stage 3 lift.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts
I installed the Timbrems today and with the camper in the truck bed (Lance slide in truck camper) the overload springs are contactng the rubber frame mounted points. With my 08 the Airbags didn't allow the helper springs to contact. I had the bags set so the helpers were 1 in away from contact. This is how my camper dealer told me to do it.
So I prefer air bags now as they will hold up more weight.
Also AIR LIFT now has a kit for our trucks. It's part number #57396 no drill.