General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

For Sale - 400 Lincolns, and misc. stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 01:01 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's true. A collector up in the Texas panhandle died and they are going to auction off his collection of over 400 Lincolns - from the 20's to the 70's. There are a number of the V12 Zeps and 42 Mark ll's. Sadly, I will not be going because I have no room for another project.
Speaking of room, there's a house a few miles from here I may buy if I can find a banker willing to carry a note for 850 years (wonder what the payments are on 42 million dollars). The 48,000 square feet w/ 2 lane bowling alley doesn't impress me but the 15-car air conditioned garage really turns me on. My wife said that the ideal house for me would be a one bedroom house with a 20 car garage since I live in the garage anyway.
Another democrat just announced for president. The only democrat that is not running is Carlene and she is the only one I'd vote for.
Dono

Old 02-21-2003, 01:17 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd vote for Carlene. Let's get her as the write-in candidate!
She could declair those Lincolns a national treasure and drive them in her inaugural parade!

Scott

Old 02-21-2003, 02:33 PM
winfordr
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have room to park 7, possibly 8 cars inside, am planning to retire in about a year or so, and my place will be up for sale (this is not a for-sale ad - just chatter). I have been thinking about when that time does come to offer it to some other Ford enthusiast, so that all my signs (like Ford Parking Only) can stay.

Unlike the above mentioned place, mine is very modest, a frame house of about 2400 sq feet, with three workshop/garages on about 2.3 acres, in north Texas.

If I have the necessary resources, I would certainly like to get one of those v-12's, but at this point, don't think I can handle it.

Old 02-21-2003, 02:34 PM
79Lariat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dono,
On that house, you're still close to $6,000 a month PITI, hope it fits in your budget.

Old 02-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts

Dono:

I'm flattered!!!

Does a vote for me mean that you're giving up on your own campaign. As I recall, you have a pretty good following.

I know I would give you one heck of a run for the money. However, I will have to sleep on this to determine if a venture of this magnitude is something I am willing to get involved in. (In other words I have to ask my Hubby.)

I do like Scott's idea about conficating those old auto's for my own personal benefit, Uh, I mean for the world to see me enjoy. I think I'm going to need Brien to help with my speeches!!

Promise #1 - Should I decide run, I would make it a felony to crush or destroy any auto over 30 years old (with a few exceptions).

BTW - You still have my vote even if you are one of them.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dono
It's true. A collector up in the Texas panhandle died and they are going to auction off his collection of over 400 Lincolns - from the 20's to the 70's. There are a number of the V12 Zeps and 42 Mark ll's.
You have no idea how difficult it is for me NOT to jump on a plane and head to Amarillo this weekend, if only just to look. 42 Mark II's- I am so depressed....

Another democrat just announced for president. The only democrat that is not running is Carlene and she is the only one I'd vote for.
Dono
Thanks guys- you really know how to add insult to injury. You'll vote for Carlene but not for me. Just for that, I'm gonna go out and buy a case of French wine, a few filet mignons, some fois gras and French Fries, and I'm gonna give it all to the welfare family down the street from me! Then I'm gonna go on Savage Nation and call Rush Limbaugh a big, fat jerk! Oh, wait a minute- that guy from Saturday Night Live, Al Franken, he already did that. Never mind.

At least I know I'll have CrazyWilly's vote after he gets his rebate check!