Aussie 7.3ltr owners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussie 7.3ltr owners.

Gunna thow it out there.

Im looking at organizing a get together. Maybe a overnight stay somewhere in Canberra. That way those in NSW and VIC can chew the fat, kicks some tires and have a few shandies. Im not sure about the numbers or enthusiasm but I believe if we could pool our resources, re: ideas and buyer power we all could benefit. If the numbers in other states warrant it, I could look at other locations. Let me know if you are keen, (PM or post here), and when you are free. I will do my best to accommodate.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
racincowboy
Senior User
Great idea Brian. Forgive my ignorance not familiar with the Aussie Lingo but what is a shandie? I think that is the coolest word I have heard in a long time. Do you guys have jet sprint races there as well? I want to come down and check it out someday.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

If this is what ya talkn bout Lance
AFJSA - The Australian Formula Jet Sprint Association
then yes. Havent seen it live myself. Its on the tele most weekends.
And a shandie is a mix of lemonade and beer. Bout a 1/4 lemonade and the rest beer. I would have a couple if I had a hangover and just wanted to ease into the good stuff. Was popular with the girls in the 50's - 70's.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:19 PM
racincowboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
If this is what ya talkn bout Lance
AFJSA - The Australian Formula Jet Sprint Association
then yes. Havent seen it live myself. Its on the tele most weekends.
And a shandie is a mix of lemonade and beer. Bout a 1/4 lemonade and the rest beer. I would have a couple if I had a hangover and just wanted to ease into the good stuff. Was popular with the girls in the 50's - 70's.

That is exactally what I was talking about you guys are the mecca for that sport is has only been here in the NW USA for a few years now. Thanks for the clarification on the shandie. I am going to ask for one at the bar next time and watch the bartenders head spin. LOL

Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 PM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Canberra is good for me! Count me in - but I'm flat out like a lizard drinking from now until Xmas - so will have to be careful when setting the date.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:46 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Yeh I was thinking early 2011. Thats two of us anyways

Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Count me in bruvva's,i couldnt care if it was ta Nth pole,im in (thinks of topgear in the nth pole with the toyota ROFLMA poor toyota),just thinking brian,we should pick a country town with a little ol pub with a few rooms(we gotta sus how many coming) we could use a park with a couple of BBQ's,barbee on the saturday,back to the pub for dinner that night...

But we would give some country (outback) pub/community some business..

Just my silly thoughts....

Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Not silly at all bruva. I know when I ride the bikes out bush with the boys, the country folk luv us. Its money in the bank for em. We are gunna need some room to park all these effies. Simon is the local down there, maybe he can sus out some joints.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Not silly at all bruva. I know when I ride the bikes out bush with the boys, the country folk luv us. Its money in the bank for em. We are gunna need some room to park all these effies. Simon is the local down there, maybe he can sus out some joints.
A little pub away from the big smoke would be nice...

But im not really fussed

Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Depends what people want to do. There are plenty of parks in Canberra that have hosted car shows, and plenty of accommodation types and styles as well.
Heading to a country town could be nice, have a barbie lunch and hit a hotel for the night.

However, I know my better half would prefer somewhere to go shopping while we share and compare our PSDs.

I know there is a huge Shannon's Wheels festival at old Parliament House. I could talk to the organizers and see if we can get a F-Truck area reserved in that. There's all sorts of stuff on show there, it's usually early March from memory.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:28 AM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Very cool thread fellas. I've made some very good freinds from some of the GTG we have had, even a couple of new hunting Brothers. Mark and I are planning a trip up Mt. St.Helens someday............

Reps for all of you!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by SSSimon
However, I know my better half would prefer somewhere to go shopping while we share and compare our PSDs.
Well thats a thought,happy wife happy life,good thinking mate
Originally Posted by SSSimon
I know there is a huge Shannon's Wheels festival at old Parliament House. I could talk to the organizers and see if we can get a F-Truck area reserved in that. There's all sorts of stuff on show there, it's usually early March from memory.
Yer thats agood idea,break it up a bit,i wonder how long we could stare at our trucks

2 good idea's mate..

Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know it's way far off but remember to get pictures for those of us on the other side of the world. I don't know about everyone else but I've always thought it was pretty neat seeing how stuff is in other parts of the world.

Something I've always wondered....

On a manual trans when the driver sits on the right hand side of the vehicle as you do in Australia what is the shift pattern like?

R 1 3 O/D----------------------O/D 3 1 R
---------------- Or is it--------------
L 2 4-------------------------------4 2 L

Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
I know it's way far off but remember to get pictures for those of us on the other side of the world. I don't know about everyone else but I've always thought it was pretty neat seeing how stuff is in other parts of the world.

Something I've always wondered....

On a manual trans when the driver sits on the right hand side of the vehicle as you do in Australia what is the shift pattern like?

R 1 3 O/D----------------------O/D 3 1 R
---------------- Or is it--------------
L 2 4-------------------------------4 2 L
1-!-3-!-5
2-! 4-!-6-!R

I think it would be the same,so Reverse gear is close to us,1st gear is away from us and forward..

Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
All the shift patterns remain the same, for manuals the gearstick is left as is, for column shifters, the entire column is moved from the left side to the right side, so all the stalks and gear shifting is the same.
The pedal set is also moved to the right side - and remains the same - accelerator the right most pedal.
Interestingly, the Ford Australia conversion gets a hockey stick park brake mounted on the floor - none of this foot operated park brake stuff with a release **** on the dash.

Quick Reply: Aussie 7.3ltr owners.