6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Dental Dam

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
White Knight 2011
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since my truck is White Platinum Met. with the Chrome package I was wondering if I could get the part chromed.

Also, (haven't looked at it yet) how hard is it to take off. I'm thinking when I go serious off road I might just take it off.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't find a pic of a 4X2 but you guys really need to check into it. The '08s had much smaller ground effects on the front in the 4X2's. Maybe Ford will do the same now.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Will the early 08 dam work,the one I had on my 08 lasted threw some serious ruts and am looking to get me something that will last and looks good on my 11' before it gets wet and hunting season. Im curious if it will work.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
I don't know if it would fit. I still had my '08 small one but I gave it to another FTE member just a couple weeks ago for his truck. I wish I could check it out for you.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Okay it's done and looks much better. I took it off and decided, after much thinking and re-thinking, I cut a full 3"s off. I laid down some duct tape and used square to scribe a line, as I ran it across the bolting surface of the valance, then used a fine tooth blade in my jig saw to cut it.

After I re-mounted it I smoothed out the rough edges with a file and that was it. I also just removed the two brackets that were hanging down. I thought about getting them chromed to make them look like fangs but decided against it. 8-)

Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
rcklnhunter
Junior User
Can you post some pictures of how it turned out? I agree I think it is fugly and I know I will hang it up when I am off road. I was also thinking of removing it when I finally get the truck. I liked the smaller ones used on the 03's instead.

If anyone comes up with other ideas please chime in.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Removing it completely doesn't look right. There is a flange that extends down from the bumper and has a few mounting holes in it, and wires hanging off of it. I looked and it just makes it look like something is missing.

Try to get pics up, I'm soaking up the A/C from a long days work outside.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:22 PM
smlford
Posting Guru
If any of you guys want to get rid of yours I'll give you $25 to ship it to me. I want to see if i can fit it on my '06

Thanks.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Okay so I'm pretty sure I can't add attachments, don't know why, so I posted the pictures in my "picture album" I think it's called. NOT the gallery, so click on my profile and then you can see it. I'll try the gallery AGAIN, because it just rejected my upload.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
builttoughf350
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
Okay so I'm pretty sure I can't add attachments, don't know why, so I posted the pictures in my "picture gallery" I think it's called. NOT the garage thing.

im not seeing them.

did you try to upload them to photobucket.com ?

EDIT- NOW i found them. if i click on your name and "view gallery" i cant see them.

if i click on your profile direct, i can see them.

small pics though- but it looks VERY good from the front, very noticeable difference

can you tell from up close that you did that ?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 AM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
I can at about 5 feet because I know it was done. I could spend another half hour filing and make it perfect, but I'll probably scrape a rock and mess it up right after I do it.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 AM
builttoughf350
Mountain Pass
I can at about 5 feet because I know it was done. I could spend another half hour filing and make it perfect, but I'll probably scrape a rock and mess it up right after I do it.
haha thats how it goes !

Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM
builttoughf350
Mountain Pass
I took a measuring tape and a marker and measured from the bottom up all the way across and put dots 3" up from the bottom of the plastic flare.

i then used a straight edge to mark a solid line all the way across.

I used a razor / exact-o-knife to cut the bottom 3" off. it made a nice clean cut, but it was tough to stay 100% on the line. with a razor your hand can tend to stray from the mark. but i just shaved a little off where needed with the knife to smooth it out. i gave the ends a little bit of a curve up on each side to make it kinda match the bend of the bumper.

it looks WAY better. alot like my 2006 F350 did. you can tell if you look hard that its been cut, but someone unknowing its been trimmed wouldnt notice it in my opinion.

i then took a 18mm socket and ratchet and removed the 2 hang down brackets.

took about a half hour.

ill post pics when i have time.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Okay so I'm pretty sure I can't add attachments, don't know why, so I posted the pictures in my "picture album" I think it's called. NOT the gallery, so click on my profile and then you can see it. I'll try the gallery AGAIN, because it just rejected my upload.

only users who PAY the supporter fee can post attachments inline.

No adverts, and attachments.. great deal for $20 one time..

Sam

Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Originally Posted by builttoughf350
I took a measuring tape and a marker and measured from the bottom up all the way across and put dots 3" up from the bottom of the plastic flare.

i then used a straight edge to mark a solid line all the way across.

I used a razor / exact-o-knife to cut the bottom 3" off. it made a nice clean cut, but it was tough to stay 100% on the line. with a razor your hand can tend to stray from the mark. but i just shaved a little off where needed with the knife to smooth it out. i gave the ends a little bit of a curve up on each side to make it kinda match the bend of the bumper.

it looks WAY better. alot like my 2006 F350 did. you can tell if you look hard that its been cut, but someone unknowing its been trimmed wouldnt notice it in my opinion.

i then took a 18mm socket and ratchet and removed the 2 hang down brackets.

took about a half hour.

ill post pics when i have time.
Yeah, taking the bloody brackets off was the hard part.

Quick Reply: Dental Dam