Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dome lights and Speedo??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Wayne64SS
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dome lights and Speedo??

Just got this truck and am noticing on and off the speedo stops working. When it doesn't work all i have to do is shut the truck off and start it right back up and it comes right back.

On to the dome lights..... can someone explain to me exactly how the F&%^ the delay is supposed to work???? I assume it's like every other vehicle on the face of the planet and when you shut the door the dome lights is supposed to stay on a few seconds. Mine sometimes will stay on a few seconds, sometimes not. I don't get it. I'm thinking this could be a GEM issue, but it doesn't appear to get wet at all when it rains. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wayne64SS
Just got this truck and am noticing on and off the speedo stops working. When it doesn't work all i have to do is shut the truck off and start it right back up and it comes right back.

On to the dome lights..... can someone explain to me exactly how the F&%^ the delay is supposed to work???? I assume it's like every other vehicle on the face of the planet and when you shut the door the dome lights is supposed to stay on a few seconds. Mine sometimes will stay on a few seconds, sometimes not. I don't get it. I'm thinking this could be a GEM issue, but it doesn't appear to get wet at all when it rains. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I would start thinking about a ABS sensor in the rear axle for the speed thing.

As far as the delay, I would want to ask more questions..Have you noticed the light stays on when you first get in the truck, but after driving then getting out, the lights shut off imediately? I believe I have caught that once or twice. Does your light shut off when you put your keys in the ignition, this is normal.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Wayne64SS
Senior User
honestly i always forget to check it while i'm in the truck. i only notice it when getting out of the truck to walk away from it at night.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does your door ajar light stay on when the lights are on?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Wayne64SS
Senior User
no not at all, thats why its confusing me. the door ajar light never stays on. also the lights don't take a **** ton of time to time-out and go off. when they stay on via delay, its like a normal delay time.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

When I open my door a few times without cranking my truck, sometimes the lights will stay on after I close the door. I will turn the key to the on position then off, then close the door and the lights don't stay on.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Wayne64SS
Senior User
yea... sounds very similar... WTF!!!!! is it supposed to do this? doesn't appear to make any sense.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by Wayne64SS
yea... sounds very similar... WTF!!!!! is it supposed to do this? doesn't appear to make any sense.
It's call the battery saver option. I have it on my Ranger also. I don't understand either why they will stay on sometimes.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Wayne64SS
Senior User
there has to be some kind of spec for when it should be on and when it shouldn't

randomly doesn't make sense to me.