Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Ford Manual List?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Baatzy
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford Manual List?

I was wondering what all manuals are available for our trucks. I have been doing some research as of late because of problems I've been having and I am not quite certain as to what all manuals are made for these things. I have come across the Owner's Manual, the Diesel Supplement Manual, the Workshop Manual (2 volumes), The Wiring Diagrams Manual, and the Specifications Manual. I have also seen mentioned the Powertrain Control Manual and the Emissisions Diagnostics Manual.

That's a lot of manuals! Does anyone out there have a complete list of all of the manuals available? I am mostly looking for a list of all the manuals an extremely well stocked tech would have.

Thanks in advance,

Baatzy

Old 03-13-2015, 07:04 AM
whitetmw
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baatzy
I was wondering what all manuals are available for our trucks. I have been doing some research as of late because of problems I've been having and I am not quite certain as to what all manuals are made for these things. I have come across the Owner's Manual, the Diesel Supplement Manual, the Workshop Manual (2 volumes), The Wiring Diagrams Manual, and the Specifications Manual. I have also seen mentioned the Powertrain Control Manual and the Emissisions Diagnostics Manual.

That's a lot of manuals! Does anyone out there have a complete list of all of the manuals available? I am mostly looking for a list of all the manuals an extremely well stocked tech would have.

Thanks in advance,

Baatzy
There are several aftermarket manuals available such as ALLDATA.

None (IMO), as good as the FoMoCo manuals are the MY (whatever your is) 1999 F-250 SD WORKSHOP MANUAL / 1998-1999E PSD POWERTRAIN CONTROL-EMISSIONS DIAGNOSIS with periodic updates, Service Bulletins and Broadcast Messages, Wiring Diagrams.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Baatzy
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I would like the FoMoCo manuals because I agree with you, I think they are the best. Do you know of a good place to get those manuals along with the updates and other things you mentioned? From the pages you sent me I am guessing you have an electronic version?

Also, do the Workshop Manual and Powertrain Control- Emissions Diagnosis Manuals have everything needed or would a Wiring Diagram Manual be needed as well?

Thanks,

Baatzy

Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
They come up on eBay every once and a while. They normally are pretty pricey. I have a CD with all the manuals on it.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:50 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I may ask, where did you get the CD? Is there a link?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:49 PM
whitetmw
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For about $100 annual, you can get a subscription to the Ford Manuals for a Single Vehicle via Helms (they do almost all vehicle manuals for almost all vehicle manufacturers) here: Motorcraft Technical Resource or you can purchase them as Paper / DVD as well.

And, with your login you can download and flash PCM's ECM's, etc. (for an additional fee of course) on an as needed basis. Something like $25 ea. If performing PCM Programming, you will also need a J2534 Programmer to use with a computer.

I have no idea how much Ford pays for mine, which is all their product line, but I'll bet its a bunch. I asked them to consider purchasing an IDS and VC-II Module a couple years ago and they said it was something like $8k for Notebook/Software/Interfaces + a $2k+ annual subscription fee after the first year and it just wasn't cost effective being a contract mechanic for them. Had I have known upfront I would have never asked. That's a ton of money to outlay as well as needing an internet connection (an additional fee for WiFi) to maximize its use.