Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

The Show.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The Show.

Sorry no pictures from me, but I think Frank took a few.

Funniest line of the show goes to Frank.

Guy in a Black 50's Ford Pick up says to me and Frank "I just won for Ugliest Truck" Frank responds well I just won for Ugliest Driver"

I almost popped a lung laughing.

Now onto wins and awards, I won the prize for the Poker Run a very nice Ford Racing large picture.

The Big winner was Frank though with the Haldimand Ford truck club chapters Presidents choice Cup(big enough to hold 6 beers), I sat in the passenger seat as Frank waved to the roaring Crowd.

Chris(68Merc) also won I believe it was a best in Class award, I thought he should have also won longest distance traveled too but who knows.

We also met Lightening Ryan and his Dad, Jeff and Family were there in their new Fibreglass palace (Great little trailer)

Our friends D&D also attended with the massive Harley Truck and Fifthwheel.
We also bumped into our Chapter leader Chad, who I never recognize because I only ever get to see the guy for 5 minutes once ever year.

We'll have to hook up sometime over the fall to get to know each other better.

I'll use the 12 little kids following him as a clue next year, Geez I would hate to be the one having to fork out for all those shoes every year LOL.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone because even thought it was a mostly overcast wkend it was a busy one.

I'll let Frank tell you about the 800pound soft top frame and I'm sure Jeff and Chris and Chad and Ryan will have some thoughts on the show.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a couple pics of Frank accepting the new beer cup, but camera is at home. It's spelled Haldimand, BTW. It think it was pretty sweet that Frank won one of the big trophies with his palace on wheels.

I'm sorry I missed meeting LightningRyan.

And Falconqueen - MIA? Pumpkin coach melts with any threat of rain?

My wife said, "So we just drove 3 hours to spend 1 1/2 hours at the show. Was it worth it?"
"Well yes it was, because I got a $5 door pin from Jeff so the door on my truck latches properly again!"

Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Haldimand,Haldimand,Haldimand,Haldimand

Got it

Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Sounds like everyone had great time and sorry I had to miss this years show and HOPING to be there next year!!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM
68murc
Elder User
Road Trip

Dad, my brothers and I made it home about 8:30 last night. The only problem we had was the radio in the Merc started acting up between Parry Sound and Sudbury. We shut the radio off and listened to the sweeeeet song of the 460 through the Flowmasters. I did get the award for Best of Class for 67 -68 customized Mercury's. My kids were very impressed, so I didn't tell them there was only one other truck in my class, oh well. I had some T-shirts made with pictures of the Merc for my boys, and I got a couple key chains, and a NEW beer holder with the Merc on it. All in all, a great time with my dad and brothers, and lots of nice trucks to check out. It was great to finally meet some of you guys.

Till the next time...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 PM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Just wondering what everyone thought of Arthur this year like what kind of turn out for trucks this year!!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Turn out was not great. The chance of rain kept folks away. We were lucky though it only drizzled now and then with no major down pour. What you might call an intimate show.

And yes I was surprized and shocked that i hauled home a nice shiny trophy while Rick brought home some scrap metal. A custom made tonneau frame/rack for a Bronco that was made from gas pipe and 1/8 inch plate steel. The Palace entrance was simply too small to fit this thing through so we had to make some adjustments to rack ......I'm sure it can be welded back together ........ but then the torch did remove a lot of metal....

Nice to put faces to names and also meet our fearless leader, with that many kids the man fears nothing!

I'll upload some more pictures tomorrow, some very nice trucks and a real Bronco attended as well.

A real Bronco!

Very nice F5

Guess what year truck this is?

Chris's Merc sounded as good as it looked

Frank

Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 AM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Thanks Frank and wondering if the weather had effect on the show or not!!! Here in the Hamilton it rain all day Saturday and most of day on Sunday!!!
That Bronco loos like the one that was out to the Burlington Wed Cruise night this past Wed. night.

Gordon

Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
The Palace....

The field...

ranchero

more....

never came from Ford like this...

original paint...

Integral cab/Unibody , nice colour combo too..

Nice '60 Panel truck

The same guy owned both of these '61 ecolines, one completly stock, the other not so much...

Not a truck?.... didn't even have a proper roof!

Nice 90+ year old truck with a very nice owner..

Beauty and simplicity...

Not so beautiful, not so simple..

This first pic is from Bothwell where I didn't pay much attention to this '53 Panel but I looked at again this weekend in Arthur. The owner has masterfully grafted the body onto a '99 Ranger. He kept the Ranger firewall and all elctronics intact, including the dash w/airbags. It's also stretched 16 inches to fit the Ranger wheel base. very nice work.

The Coca Cola kid...

see you all next year at Arthur!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for the pics Frank. How's the palace handle on the highway? I bet you get a lot of looks driving that down the 401...

Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Great pics Frank and HOPING to be there next year in Arthur!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Unhappy My Arthur Curse

Friday night truck on hoist getting her new shocks on. Stabilizer on, Rear on.
Moving on to front (the old ones are rotten) take the first shock off it falls apart. Take the brand new one stretch it out as far as possible still 2in. tooooooooooooooooooo short. Nobody in guelph or kitchener had any in stock. Soooo it is still on the hoist waiting for delivery of new longer shocks.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Here's 3 pics I took at the show:
1st is a sweet 73 or 74, 2nd and 3rd are Frank receiving the Haldimand Chapter President's choice beer cup.

Attached Images    
Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 AM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Does anyone know where I could find pics that other people took from saturday? There was people taking pics on the side of the road when we did the cruise and I looked on the classic ford trucks site and there was nothing there.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
I looked through my pic's again. I did'nt take my camera out at all on the Saturday. It would have been nice to include a shot of your truck.

frank

Quick Reply: The Show.