2000 Expedition E.B with EATS, NO A/C at all, NEED HELP, Unique issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM
G Ford Fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Expedition E.B with EATS, NO A/C at all, NEED HELP, Unique issue?

Hey y'all.

I was directed to this forum from the Expedition forum and I'm hoping someone here has run across this problem before. It appears to be unique from other issues I've read about.

On my 2000 E.B. I have NO A/C at all. All vents on the dash, regardless of vent, floor, defrost, ETC all blow hot air, even with the A/C on Max A/C. Also, all the rear vents for the rear HVC blow WARM air as well. I have no A/C in the back either. I don't hear any flopping around under the dash going down the road and I have checked the A/C compressor with the unit on Max A/C and the clutch appears to be engaged and the compressor appears to be operating normally. I have NOT YET checke the A/C lines or dryer to see if they get cold, I will check that tonight, but I expect them to be getting cold becuase the Compressor does not cycle on and off, it stays running pretty much all the time. It clicks off once and again, but not very often at all (such as the case would be if the system was low on freon).

So, if the A/C lines are getting cold (if they are not, I will know my problem is compressor related, likely anyway), does anyone have any idea what this problem could be? From what I've read, if the Front blows hot, yet the rear blows cold, it's a blend door actuator or broken blend door, but that is not my problem. I have no A/C at all, everything blows hot.

We are going on vacation in the near future and I'd like to get this fixed if at all possible.

Thanks so much in advance. You all are great.

Sincerely,
Greg

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
G Ford Fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After doing some further checking tonight, I believe the A/C system needs to be re-charged. Has anyone done this on a 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer?

I believe Harbor Freight has the gages, but I cannot locate the low side port on my truck. Does anyone know where it's located?