6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

???? about ordering a truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:23 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???? about ordering a truck

so if you place an order on a truck say today, the incentive is $1500 if the incentives go up between now and then will the dealer give you the greater inventive??

Old 08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The incentives that your are eligible for are the ones available at the time of delivery. So, if they go up you get to keep some extra $$$ in your pocket and if they go down you'll be paying more...

Old 08-11-2010, 04:42 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
the sales person is saying I have to take the ones available now. I have never bought a new ford but with dodges I know people go the greater of the two.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With Ford it is based on the day of delivery/purchase, so I have no clue what the sales person is thinking. On the day of delivery/purchase the dealer will run the VIN through Ford's system called VINCENT which will display all eligible incentives based on the VIN, type of purchase (i.e. retail, fleet, AXZ-Plan), your home zip code and the date of delivery/purchase...

Old 08-11-2010, 05:34 PM
6.7Fan
Senior User
I agree....the same thing my dealer told me. You get what is in place at the time of delivery / purchase; not the order date.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:40 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
the sales person is saying I have to take the ones available now. I have never bought a new ford but with dodges I know people go the greater of the two.
Afraid you're dealing with a Salestard. When I bought my truck the dealer actually was looking out for me because the rebates were changing right about the time the truck was expected. The dealer had me sign a buyers order dated the day before the rebates changed just in case the new ones were not as good as the current ones. That way we locked-in both options. In my case, the rebates didn't change at all so we just completed a new buyers order on the delivery date and tore up the old one.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
cford716
Elder User
The only thing you can lock in now is the $1000 off the XLT package, if you are getting that. It shows up as soon as it priced and on the window sticker.