Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Lets play a game.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Has the chip in No start and can't get it started?
good one!!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
indebt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RedBoat
She filled it up with gas instead of diesel??

we have a winner! She said she pulled in behind a car at the diesel pump and was waiting for the diesel pump to clear. She was on her cell phone and wasn't paying attention, so she got out and started pumping. She was thinking to herself "how much is deisel here anyway" At that point it hit her that she wasn't at the diesel pump!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily it was only 5 gals and I was on E. I had a transfer pump (Multi-Use Transfer Pump) which was the best $5 I have spent now. So I pumped out a total of 7 gal. and filled her up. She did not touch the ignition once she realized what she had done so no gas was pump in. truck is fine and no problems. Major disaster avoided!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Well i got the same phone call about a week or so ago...So I'm on your script. My fiance was backing out of a parking spot when a 6-wheel truck came barreling into the parking lot and hit my, new to me ,tailgate that was in a 10+ condition. She got out of the truck, and the driver of the 6-wheeler, or lack there of, put it in reverse and hauled azz off. She called me in the same manor of your lovely and said your gonna kill me, your gonna kill me!!!! She was so upset I couldnt get mad at her, she was crying like no tommarrow. I havnt been home to see it but its metal it can be replace or hammered out...She's good and to me thats all that matters!!! Sorry for Hijak!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
my wife cant drive a stick so i shouldnt have to worry about that. shes been wanting to learn....and i was considering it...but maybe not now

Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 PM
ghig1967
Elder User
I was always worried about that myself until we bought a diesel Jetta for the wife & now its second nature for her to go to the diesel pump

Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
riverrat41
Postmaster

My wife drives a 2500 Mega cab 5.9.She will never live it down if she puts gas in it.Been driving diesels for 10 years.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by indebt
we have a winner! She said she pulled in behind a car at the diesel pump and was waiting for the diesel pump to clear. She was on her cell phone and wasn't paying attention, so she got out and started pumping. She was thinking to herself "how much is deisel here anyway" At that point it hit her that she wasn't at the diesel pump!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily it was only 5 gals and I was on E. I had a transfer pump (Multi-Use Transfer Pump) which was the best $5 I have spent now. So I pumped out a total of 7 gal. and filled her up. She did not touch the ignition once she realized what she had done so no gas was pump in. truck is fine and no problems. Major disaster avoided!
You have had very good training sessions with her, I presume?

Marge knows that if the Check Engine light comes on, no matter where she is, to pull over immediately, turn it off, and call me.

Replaced a stuck thermostat in an '88 Accord once, instead of an entire engine! Had it back to her in two hours, too....

Didn't even turn on the key? Good job, Jorge's wife, GOOD JOB!

As our beloved Chick Hearn used to say, "No harm, no foul."

Pop

Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 PM
jd3rdnoah
Freshman User
Man, you are sure lucky. Glad to hear no damage done. Better go buy a lottery ticket. LOL

Old 08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had to go pick up a Toyota Cressida on the interstate once. (Ex girlfriend)
She ran over some of the large rocks, some call it ripprapp. They washed out of a ditch into the road. She said she probably went airborn. She said the car kept running so on she went. She made it about 30 minutes down the interstate then it stopped suddenly???
I said didn't you think to stop when the oil light came on or when you saw the oil trail behind you? No I didn't think it was all that bad.

Busted oil pan and now siezed up block. Melted darn near everything in it.
Hmmm, steam doesn't mean it is self cleaning like the oven!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
bobbyrjw
Senior User
Neal, in upper East Tennessee, you call RipRap "paving gravel"

Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
You have had very good training sessions with her, I presume? .....
Didn't even turn on the key? Good job, Jorge's wife, GOOD JOB!

As our beloved Chick Hearn used to say, "No harm, no foul."

Pop
She knows if something goes wrong STOP AND DONT TOUCH. I think what saved me here is she was watching the show Raising sextuplets, and this just happened to the guys excursion.

Either way she knew to call and that's what counts!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:25 PM
redfire42
Posting Guru
I would never let my wife drive my truck with the tank on E or even 1/4 just for that reason. I am the only one aloud to fill it up.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd say one of those little stickers on the fuel door, "Diesel Only" for the last reminder before filling but most importantly, no cell phone usage in Jorge's truck... Chit happens but she did good..

Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
SteveH-CO
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
For all those yellow e85 gas caps seen on newer trucks, would it have killed anyone to put a green gas cap on diesel trucks - or sell them in the aftermarket?

I realize that some folks wouldn't pay attention to the color....but it might remind all of us.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
she parked next to a Horney Dodge and when she came out your sweet hart ford had been soiled and there was some kind of compact Chrysler/ford abomination in the bed that needed it's diaper changed and you are eventually gonna have to put it through college?

ahh, never mind...Sounds like she did good!!! She could have made a bad situation much worse if she wasn't so attentive..I'd say she's a keeper for sure.

Last edited by clem1226; 08-09-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: didn't read page 2

Quick Reply: Lets play a game.......