Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicmike
Turned 360,000 on the odometer coming back from the farm today. Won't take me long to get to 400k at this rate.

Also caught one of these on the highway the other day...

Whatcha grillin?

Thats punny!

Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
plugged in the code reader.... bad front right wheel speed sensor.

Might as well do both sides, and lube the bearings while I"ve got it that far apart. Good thing I've got the armylifer zerk

Old 07-18-2019, 08:42 AM
WE3ZS
Received 844 Likes on 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicmike
Yeah, I was surprised, too. Some folks with a pop-up camper had a tire blow out (I think). They were on the side of the road a quarter mile from where I caught the flying-spatula. The tire took out the side of the camper and their stuff escaped out the side (I think). The truck in front of me kicked up the spatula and it nailed me in the grill. Glad it didn't get my condenser or one of my new head lights...

Great comment from Wildstang. I got a good laugh out of that one.

So so it was collateral damage from another failed ST tire, great........
It does make for a good picture and a few very funny replies though.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:37 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
AC question: When I have the AC set to normal (not Max), and the fan on the lowest setting, there is air moving. But, with fan on low and AC on Max, the air stops moving. Is this a resistor issue??

Edit: all the other speeds work properly on both AC modes. Could someone test this? I have a 2001, manual controls.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:28 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
So so it was collateral damage from another failed ST tire, great........
It does make for a good picture and a few very funny replies though.

Its the reason I switched to bias ply on my TT.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:02 AM
WE3ZS
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Its the reason I switched to bias ply on my TT.
Its the reason I went with extreme overkill G rated all steel STs on my TT. So far these Sailuns are doing great.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:41 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
So far my Maxxus ST 10 plys have been fine. I will say I am careful about my ST tires and how old they get.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I very much dislike changing tires on the side of the road, I have done it way way too many times already in my life. I am constantly watching tire condition and dates. Even still they just fail every now and then.

Oddly over all my years I have only had to change 1 trailer tire on the side of the road. But have changed well over 10 probably closer to 20 truck tires on the road. Worst is when it happens on the highway, I much rather change them on a dirt road any day.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:43 AM
Mikei70
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I very much dislike changing tires on the side of the road, I have done it way way too many times already in my life. I am constantly watching tire condition and dates. Even still they just fail every now and then.

Oddly over all my years I have only had to change 1 trailer tire on the side of the road. But have changed well over 10 probably closer to 20 truck tires on the road. Worst is when it happens on the highway, I much rather change them on a dirt road any day.
You're supposed to change them on the SIDE of the road?

Old 07-20-2019, 01:51 PM
Mikei70
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Not today but last weekend I got around to swapping out the seeping diff cover. I opted for an aluminum one with a drain plug. Sorry for the crappy coloration on the pictures-- I had to adjust it to brighten it up so you could see.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:41 PM
cdon_FL
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hacked the 5 digit code for keyless entry on my "new to me" 2000 Excursion. With great assist from this site.

Turns out the factory wallet card that came with the vehicle when I bought it last week has a 5 digit number on it BUT IT AIN'T THE CARD / CODE FOR MY TRUCK.

Punching in the long string of numbers was not nearly as bad as I thought. Found the factory code in about about 10 minutes. Many thanks for the assist

Old 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Used the EX to finally launch the boat after an originally exciting but rapidly turned dismal boating season. Boat is now running good, Ex is still the workhorse and running great, she sees less mileage now that I run an 07 Honda Element back and forth to work

Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
Used the EX to finally launch the boat after an originally exciting but rapidly turned dismal boating season. Boat is now running good, Ex is still the workhorse and running great, she sees less mileage now that I run an 07 Honda Element back and forth to work
Just started my boat yesterday after pulling the engine to replace a rear main seal. The noise I was looking for is gone, I think some of the flywheel cover bolts were loose. My boating season has been a bust too this year.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:43 AM
EXSwap
Fleet Mechanic
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Just started my boat yesterday after pulling the engine to replace a rear main seal. The noise I was looking for is gone, I think some of the flywheel cover bolts were loose. My boating season has been a bust too this year.
UGH...boating...Mine is still in storage as Clifford is still in pieces and no other real tow vehicle. I have been able to jump on a boat a few times this year, which has been nice of my friends.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:12 AM
WE3ZS
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Originally Posted by EXSwap
UGH...boating...Mine is still in storage as Clifford is still in pieces and no other real tow vehicle. I have been able to jump on a boat a few times this year, which has been nice of my friends.

Our boat (1989 SeaRay 220CC) hasn't seen much use over the past few years, we spend our time off traveling and camping these days. Last week my Bride and I decided to gift it to her younger sister and her husband who have been looking for a boat in that size and configuration, they are super excited about the boat! It just seemed like the right thing to do, it was originally my wife's older sisters boat, then we bought it several years ago and now it will be passed down to her other sister, who will get plenty of use and enjoyment from it instead of it sitting next to our garage. Now we have a fair bit of cleaning up to do on it before we hand it over to them, it hasn't gone swimming for about 4 years now and it needs a good scrubbing and coat of wax.
We are very happy to know that a good boat will be getting used and loved again!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?