Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Requesting input

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requesting input

Hey everyone. I am interested in opinions on what you think. I am planning on doing a little paint work on Ghostrider and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts. Here she is now.
Name:  Ghostrider.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  186.1 KB

Below is what I am thinking of doing.
Name:  pos mod.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  185.7 KB

Please keep in mind this is done through 'paint'. Its just something simple. Just blacking out around the door post and between the door and the extra cab window. Just a bit of black from the bottom to the first crease in the body. If it looks dumb tell me before I obligate myself to this. I already painted the grill with the outer part gloss black with the inner part of the grille painted white to match the truck. Dont have any pics of that yet. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM
BigBlueOx
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it makes the truck look longer than it normally would.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
I don't really care for that at all. That black part around the windows does not look good. I would say it would look good with a lower accent like some of these trucks have from the factory. That would look good in gray or tan, depending on interior color. The lower accent needs to be done like the factory did, like this.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...pictureid=9180

Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 AM
BigBlueOx
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks like his truck allready has that exact paint job.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
Hey thanks for the replys, Shes just all white with a blue interior. Its all stock except for the grill. The area I live in has about a dozen truck EXACTLY like this one. The only way you can tell mine from everyone elses is the fact mine has the hummer rims. To be honest I dont care for them that much. Gives the truck a good stance but you cant turn around in a 4o acre field. I'd just as soon have the stock rims. Thanks again for the replys. Much appreciated.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by irishhandyman
Hey thanks for the replys, Shes just all white with a blue interior. Its all stock except for the grill. The area I live in has about a dozen truck EXACTLY like this one. The only way you can tell mine from everyone elses is the fact mine has the hummer rims. To be honest I dont care for them that much. Gives the truck a good stance but you cant turn around in a 4o acre field. I'd just as soon have the stock rims. Thanks again for the replys. Much appreciated.

That makes it easier to get away with stuff!!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
LOL well White 97 you got a point there. Never thought of that. Naw I better not think that way. I can acciently fall into a puddle of trouble all on my own without inviting it.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I gotta be honest with you. The mockup you did looks terrible. If my truck looked like that I'd have it repainted back to stock.

If you want a few things to set your truck apart, how about: stainless exhaust tips, billet grill, clear corners, bigger tires, a lift kit, running boards, aftermarket/custom bumpers, swingaway mirrors, etc.

Not all those things are cheap but some are and if you spend some time in a local pick-n-pull you might find some of them for next to nothing.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:16 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
Now I have to admit I like TexasGuy's idea of maybe going with a shot of grey at the bottom. I guess I just like that black out look between the door window and the extra cab window. Now If I could just get that D^VVN "mechanic" to pull the heads so I can get it road worthy again. Why anyone would want to live in the midwest on purpose is beyond me.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
Point taken Andym. Like I said, this was done in about 10 mins with XP 'paint' program. As far as the extra add ons I like the idea, but its the Irish in be. Pinch them pennies till they scream. I dont want to get real fancy with this truck, just enough to say yeah its paid for, and its mine. Now if money was not a problem I would just get a Raptor. Only seen one in this one horse town, and it was only here for the 4th of July.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:26 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
You could also do a blue at the bottom since you have blue interior. That looks cool too.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
If you want a cheap hobby, try collecting stamps. Trucks are an expensive hobby to have. Anytime you want to touch one it seems to cost a few hundred give or take. I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money too so I just leave them stock.

But it's your truck... do what YOU think looks good.

Edit: I like the idea of the gray at the bottom. I think that would look nice.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:49 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
LOL@Andym, I know what you mean about not being cheap. I used to collect silver coins till the late 80's. Traded that hobby for an even more expensive hobby, Women. Not only do you lose your money but your sainity.

I might have to set down here and try Texasguy's idea on the blue. Thanks.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I'd leave it stock.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
irishhandyman
Junior User
Okay Snowseeker that may end up what I do if I cant make up my mind. Like my Dad used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Thanks for the post.