2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the mods begin..

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Hummah Zach
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let the mods begin..

So I sold all my projects/toys and finally have some cash to spend on my truck.. getting a 2.5" leveling kit installed Friday and getting some 35" Fierce M/Ts.. can't wait!

Old 08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Pics when it happens!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait to see pics of the Fierce MT's on a truck.

I am in a similar boat I have installed my leveling kit now the rest of my mods seem to want to be done sooner rather then later. So Recon lights in a week or so along with Pocket Fender Flares. Then I will have to decide what comes next might have to wait until X-Mas for the mod after that.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
danorules
Postmaster
you should be VERY happy with those fierce tires. I got a friend of mine that got them 4 months ago and loves them. very aggressive and look the part also

Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Hummah Zach
Senior User
Originally Posted by danorules
you should be VERY happy with those fierce tires. I got a friend of mine that got them 4 months ago and loves them. very aggressive and look the part also
I'm glad to hear that. plus I'm buying the leveling kit and tires from 2 independent shops that gave me great prices including installation.

I have a $2800 budget. Im thinking of getting headers and true duals with an X pipe after the lift/tires or instead doing plenty of minor things like an FX2 front end (lights/grille) and a brushguard.. any thoughts on other worthwhile upgrades or modifications you did that you like the best?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
My mods that are coming are recon lights, wheels, fender flares, exhaust, and bull bar. That is the extent for now will have to see what else I like after those are done.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
okstatef150
Junior User
Personally I go for the performance mods before the looks. I have an SCT programmer from Mike at 5star, an S&B intake form him, flowmaster exhaust( although I want an Xpipe or whatever will make it sound like the x-piped mustangs), and most recently a bull bar. I would love to put more performance parrts on, however I do not know what would be my best bang for my buck and relatively cheap. the programmer was by far the best investment and I am glad the I got it, makes a big difference and well worth the coin.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 PM
danorules
Postmaster
you may want/need a set of step bars for the truck after the level kit and tires. but headers are always a good mod

Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Performance parts are not bad but for me performance are more along the lines of new gears and upgraded brakes. I don't buy into the some of the other ones but that doesn't mean they aren't any good just how I look at it. The mods I do for looks are because they are less expensive and what I can afford for now. Now the exhaust system I am thinking will give some performance but I am looking more just to make my truck heard some. I just don't like starting it up and not knowing that its running.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Hummah Zach
Senior User
Originally Posted by okstatef150
Personally I go for the performance mods before the looks. I have an SCT programmer from Mike at 5star, an S&B intake form him, flowmaster exhaust( although I want an Xpipe or whatever will make it sound like the x-piped mustangs), and most recently a bull bar. I would love to put more performance parrts on, however I do not know what would be my best bang for my buck and relatively cheap. the programmer was by far the best investment and I am glad the I got it, makes a big difference and well worth the coin.
Could you point me towards some more info on SCT programmers vs. others?

Originally Posted by Coskid
Performance parts are not bad but for me performance are more along the lines of new gears and upgraded brakes. I don't buy into the some of the other ones but that doesn't mean they aren't any good just how I look at it. The mods I do for looks are because they are less expensive and what I can afford for now. Now the exhaust system I am thinking will give some performance but I am looking more just to make my truck heard some. I just don't like starting it up and not knowing that its running.
I would like to a gear swap later on

Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Hummah Zach
Senior User
got the leveling kit installed today! I'll put up pictures later... still waiting on the tires

Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Nice! I had a magnaflow muffler installed today for some good sound. Some body work coming in the next few days.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:59 AM
OptimusF150
Senior User
I am about to embark on a bunch of mods myself. I wana do a leveling kit, bigger tires. I havent heard of those firece tires I will have to look them up. I also wana do exhaust, programmer, brush guard with winch. I think down the road I am going to do a 6" suspension lift and add some running lights on the brush guard.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
Firece tires are a new tire on the market from Goodyear but under a different name. They are a good looking tire but thats about the extent of the information I have found on the tires. I think someone around here said their buddy had them and was loving them.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
OptimusF150
Senior User
Yeah I looked them up and saw what they looked like. I think they are too new to get any real info on them. They didn't look bad. I would of liked to see a little more tread around the sidewall.

Quick Reply: Let the mods begin..