1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:47 AM
joeycyph56
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
brake woes

06 f250 sc 5.4l 4x4 30k miles. i was tired of the front wheels turning black after driving 50 miles so i ordered new pads all around. when i went to pull the front pads the pass side wasnt too bad about 1/3 life left on pads. both pads wore evenly.driver side there was 1/16 pad on outside and inside had rotted away to about the size of a dime .the clips that held the pads were rotted to dust , both boots on the pistons were dry rotted and the sides of pistons were rusty.took alot of effort to push them back in.when i went to the rear,which every once in a while only in winter time the rear pass brake will over heat and smoke.(i pulled it several times when it did that to find no problems,slides greased,pistons in good shape ) the driver side was in good shape with a 1/3 pad life but the rear right was in the same shape as front right. pistons hard to push in ,both pads were rotted to nothing ,actually when i pulled caliper a pile of dust fell on the ground.i try tro wash every time i finish plowing because of the calcium chloride they spray on the roads in the NE.long story short what should i be looking at to try to rectify a problem i feel i have. I have ordered a new caliper up front,and i plan on flushing all the fluid out in case of an a bubble in lines.any other advice. what is really scary is that i just did a 500 mile road trip carrying a ton in the bed and towing a 5,000 lb boat and it was just checked out okay.