Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Shirt Demo

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shirt Demo

As promised a picture of what the logo on a shirt would look like.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:12 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good. If you're coming to the GTG, I need a large.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
Looks good. If you're coming to the GTG, I need a large.
I have to ship them now as I won't be back to my place in Plano til atleast October. During heavy horse show season up at my place in TN as that where I have the most acres and it is relatively center to all my shows. During late fall-winter I tend to stay in Plano for most of the time.

If y'all don't mind the shipping I have no problem with cranking out during this time. It'll take a bit of time, but I can get it done. I usually can get them get a few done during the day as it's too damn hot to work horses out in the sun.

Just let me know.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
LOOKS GREAT!!! Just for the record, Thank you for all the work and effort and the PATIENCE given on this project.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
rmrichards949
Senior User
Looks great, I'm going to want one too. How much with shipping?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rmrichards949
Looks great, I'm going to want one too. How much with shipping?
Well shipping is going to be a variable thing as I would try to save y'all as much as I could. Depending on what size of shirt you are wanting, how many, or if y'all are also wanting mousepads(I can do those too), I might be able to stick them in a bubble mailer and that would save some as well. Put if y'all want multiples(wife, kids, etc) then they might have to go in a box.

I've actually just been using boxes as the guys in the TN chapter are quite stout and they were getting multiple XXL shirts and mousepads, so I do have left over boxes that I can weigh and see how much shipping would be. I would need you to PM me your zip though in order to complete the quote form for shipping.

Box with 2 XXL shirts and a pad(my typically order in the TN chapter), shipping turned out to be 6.15, but I had to use boxes due to size of the shirts and amount of order, I might be able to bring that down. Or if there is a group of people that want me to ship an order to one address and I just split the shipping among the 2 or more people, that would save some as well. Lots of options.

As to the price of shirts(I can only do white as that is due to the limits of the equipment that I have) and mousepads, initially it's going to be 16.00 and 7 respectively. Depending on how many shirts and/or pads are ordered that price might drop. I get a small discount starting at 100.00(not due to number of shirts, but money spent, so don't have to worry about ording X amount of Larges or XLs etc), but bare in mind that's a double edge sword. 100 M might not be enough money to get a discount versus 100 Ls or XLs.

The shirts I use are 50/50 blend 5.6 oz Gildans. They are nice "thick" T-shirts. The mousepads are 9.25 x 7.75 1/4" thick. The fabric that I print on is white(again due to the limits of the equipment, sublimation is used on blacks atleast with regard to mousepads).

If y'all want I could start up an order thread for shirts and mousepads, leave it up for a week to a week and a half. Depending on how many want shirts and/or pads and how they want to handle shipping prices might be able to go down. I do use paypal and then I'll either ship same day or next day depending on when it comes through and/or day of the week.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
jayft8
Elder User
Two things I would ordinarily never do:
1.) buy a white t-shirt (I always ruin them immediately)
2.) buy a 50/50 blend t-shirt (just can't ever improve on natural all-cotton)

BUT!

I sincerely applaud your work here Tex250 and I want to show my support, so please mark me down for a 2X whenever you are ready to run a batch for sale. (Yes, 2X 'cause I'm from TX but my blood's actually out of that stout northeast Alabama-Tennessee stock you mentioned - HA!)

And in the case that you might keep a file of suggestions for future consideration: I like to buy a lot of long-sleeve t-shirts, (in fact, I own a few Gildans and can say they are good quality) and I wonder if a red or navy blue t-shirt might be a possibility at some point - allowing the fabric to stand in place of one of the ink colors? (I saw where you mentioned equipment limitations and explained the white shirt issue, but I only suggest that as a possibility for the future.)

Thanks for all your work!

JT

Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jayft8
2.) buy a 50/50 blend t-shirt (just can't ever improve on natural all-cotton)
I do the same thing. The only reason I don't in this case, is due to what could possibly be an ink bleed issue. 100% cotton absorbs more water then a 50/50 blend. So that's why I do it that way. The likely hood is small, but when people are paying for it, I cover my bases.

Now if all y'all want 100%, I'll certainly do that, but just accept that there is a possibility of bleeding of the ink when you go to wash it. That's the only reason I do a blend. I have a 100% cotton Ash shirt that I did the demo for the TN chapter on and my God, it feels so good, but that's a shirt I did for myself.

I sincerely applaud your work here Tex250 and I want to show my support, so please mark me down for a 2X whenever you are ready to run a batch for sale. (Yes, 2X 'cause I'm from TX but my blood's actually out of that stout northeast Alabama-Tennessee stock you mentioned - HA!)
Sure thing.

I know that about the TN/AL bloodline. The ole ball and chain is from Huntland(if you know where that is).

And in the case that you might keep a file of suggestions for future consideration: I like to buy a lot of long-sleeve t-shirts, (in fact, I own a few Gildans and can say they are good quality) and I wonder if a red or navy blue t-shirt might be a possibility at some point - allowing the fabric to stand in place of one of the ink colors? (I saw where you mentioned equipment limitations and explained the white shirt issue, but I only suggest that as a possibility for the future.)
I'm hoping to expand this. I seem to have a lot of positive feed back from what I've done so far. I'm keeping a list of suggestions for sure. I think I can get a long sleeve white shirt for this batch if you want me to look for that. I did a shirt with pockets for one guy in the TN chapter. My wholesaler is pretty good about having a variety, I would have to look, don't quote me yet, but I would be surprised if I couldn't get one in white.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
jayft8
Elder User
Originally Posted by tex25025
only reason I don't in this case, is due to what could possibly be an ink bleed issue. 100% cotton absorbs more water then a 50/50 blend. So that's why I do it that way. The likely hood is small, but when people are paying for it, I cover my bases.

Now if all y'all want 100%, I'll certainly do that, but just accept that there is a possibility of bleeding of the ink when you go to wash it. That's the only reason I do a blend.
Ahh - that makes perfect sense and I definitely agree. I bet the 50/50 blend is just fine with most folks, and I'm happy to go with the flow - majority rules.

I know that about the TN/AL bloodline. The ole ball and chain is from Huntland(if you know where that is).
Had to look it up, but yessir, it's right in there - got relatives from all around in Hunstville, Scottsboro, and Chattanooga; good friends from Winchester and Monteagle and went through there to tour the distillery at Lynchburg last Thanksgiving. We always went over to S Pittsburg for fireworks . . .

I think I can get a long sleeve white shirt for this batch if you want me to look for that. I did a shirt with pockets for one guy in the TN chapter. My wholesaler is pretty good about having a variety, I would have to look, don't quote me yet, but I would be surprised if I couldn't get one in white.
I appreciate the thought but there's no need to run down a specialty item for me. I'm perfectly happy to work within the stream of whatever you've got up and going for now. I'll keep an eye out for your order thread.

JT