1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2000 ranger easy one

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 AM
turbochargedford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ranger easy one

i just installed a new clutch on my 2000 ford ranger 2.5 2wd. )also note i installed a new starter where i had to spliice a new connector for it) when i installed a new clutch i also replaced the slave cylinder. when i went to start the truck the cluch is very soft (i know i need to bleed the clucth line) but it wont start. bat is bood but when i go to start it it acts like when it does when you dont have the clutch pused in. turn the key and nothing. no cranking just nothing.

my question is does the clutch need to be bleed in order for that switch to work. ( the one that tell the truck to start becuse the pedal is in).

or

is it doing this becuse my starter connector isnt making good connection.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
wtroger
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would bet on a connection problem

Old 07-15-2010, 10:57 AM
turbochargedford
New User
i think your right. some one else told ne that the clutch pedal will not cause it to not start due to air in the clutch lines i will keep messing with the starter. if anyone else agrees or disagrees let me know.

it was the starter. air in the lines on the clutch does not prevent the starter to work.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
turbochargedford
New User
i replaced the clutch and flywheel to fix a problem i am having. i pulled a rolling truck "pretty light". about a week later i noticed when i take off in 1st and 2nd at low rpms it kinda shakes or shutters. i thought that mabe it was a warped flywheel or warped cluch disk. i replaced the clutch and flywheel. the old clutch and the flywheel were hot spoted pretty bad. i've put 30 miles on the new clutch but it still doing it.

could it be the u-joints. ive heard the bad u-joints can do this. of course the usual sighns of bad ujoints is clancking of slapping.

import to keep in mind it only does this when the trans is in gear at low rpms or certin speeds. i'll replace the u joints tonight. kinda intersting dont u think?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:41 PM
wtroger
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you sure the engine is not missing a low rpm's under a light load.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:01 PM
turbochargedford
New User
i'm sure no check engine light. i pulled one to see if it would find it and it did. my coils are new as well

Old 07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
rcasey
Freshman User
RCasey

Replace the pressure plate. You probably should always replace the clutch and pressure plate as a pair.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 PM
turbochargedford
New User
i always replace pressure plate when i replace clutch disk. but good point how cheap can some people be? i've been working on cars for a long time (maintenance) droping a trans insn't the hardest thing to do but its not like changing a tire either.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:42 PM
turbochargedford
New User
i replaced the u-joints they were really bad. and it is much better but it is still doing it. i cant figure it out. it only does it under load at low rpms. mabe their is something in the dif thats wrong. thats the only thing i can think of.