6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Larger Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrunner01
i just spoke with my friend who is titan dealer/distributor, who had just spoke with titan.
crew cab short bed tank is going to be 51 gal., and it has been moved to the front of the line, supposed to be ready by mid sept. due to forum rules i don't think i can post thier contact info. there is nothing in it for me other than helping you guys be able to tow farther, i will be glad to pass along contact info through pm, i don't even know you may be able to get the same pricing through titan direct, but they are a large repair shop who installs these tanks for customers

Anything for a F350 CC Long bed............

Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Huntingbigun
Freshman User
I was talking to Titan they plan on doing them all but are focused on the CC SB first, mold done, ship mid Sept.

The fuel gage will read full for a long time then at half it will have 12 gals then when the light comes on 4 gals. Hmmmm I can handle the no miles to go lie of meter but wish the gage read a little more even.

Anyone running their tanks already>>

Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
roadrunner01
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
from what i was told the cc short beds were put at the front of the line because of the 26 gal. tanks. all of the rest of the models are coming after the cc short beds are in production

Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
I took my truck to dealer this morning for a regen problem and while I was there asked about a bigger tank and any warranty issues if stock tank is replaced with after market. He said if I replace tank it will void warranty.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafiki2cu
I took my truck to dealer this morning for a regen problem and while I was there asked about a bigger tank and any warranty issues if stock tank is replaced with after market. He said if I replace tank it will void warranty.
That's a pile of horse crap. How could a larger fuel tank contribute to any failure on the truck? This is exactly why the Magnuson-Moss act of 1975 was passed in the first place. To protect consumers from rejected warranty claims that have nothing to do with modifications made to the vehicle. I hate dealers who say that kind of ignorant stuff...

Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
That's a pile of horse crap. How could a larger fuel tank contribute to any failure on the truck? This is exactly why the Magnuson-Moss act of 1975 was passed in the first place. To protect consumers from rejected warranty claims that have nothing to do with modifications made to the vehicle. I hate dealers who say that kind of ignorant stuff...
Let me get this straight, from what you are saying is I can replace the tank and they cannot void warranty right?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
By the way folks, just an update on the issue of too-small tanks being installed on the trucks. To date, I have 23 user names of Ford owners who feel mislead by the information regarding tank size on the Ford website. There are others who expected the smaller tank and do not feel that they got less than they expected. I am in the process of reviewing legal options but I will say that this is likely a long row to hoe. From a return on investment standpoint, the time it will take to compel Ford to install 37 gallon tanks on everyone's truck will be worth a lot more than simply buying and installing a Titan 51 gallon when it's available. Unless someone else wants to jump in with a good idea, I'm not going to press the issue further.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Let me get this straight, from what you are saying is I can replace the tank and they cannot void warranty right?
Ford can only deny a warranty claim if they take the position that an owner-made modification caused the failure. There is no way a larger fuel tank would cause, say an electric window motor failing so Ford cannot deny a warranty claim simply because you have a larger fuel tank. On the other hand, Ford can definitely deny an engine related failure warranty claim if you chip your truck.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
Ford can only deny a warranty claim if they take the position that an owner-made modification caused the failure. There is no way a larger fuel tank would cause, say an electric window motor failing so Ford cannot deny a warranty claim simply because you have a larger fuel tank. On the other hand, Ford can definitely deny an engine related failure warranty claim if you chip your truck.
Thank's for the info.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Huntingbigun
Freshman User
By the way folks, just an update on the issue of too-small tanks being installed on the trucks. To date, I have 23 user names of Ford owners who feel mislead by the information regarding tank size on the Ford website. There are others who expected the smaller tank and do not feel that they got less than they expected. I am in the process of reviewing legal options but I will say that this is likely a long row to hoe. From a return on investment standpoint, the time it will take to compel Ford to install 37 gallon tanks on everyone's truck will be worth a lot more than simply buying and installing a Titan 51 gallon when it's available. Unless someone else wants to jump in with a good idea, I'm not going to press the issue further.

Well Said

Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Great info I never thought of the corrosion factor. I will also cancel my order and checking into the titan.
Another outfit that sells an all Aluminum diamond plate design tank is also cheaper than the Transfer Flow tanks.

Truck Tanks

My buddy has had his tank for several years now, he had it on his 03 6.0L and bought a 08 6.4L and now he has the tank on it. He had it made to fit behind his tool box and it carries 30 gallons approx. The KSHmarine folks can custom make a tank to fit your needs and they seem to be willing to modify the tank if you have a special need or idea. My friend had his made to his specs for under $800.

Just an FYI, hope this helps anyone looking for a good quality fuel tank from what seems to be a reliable company.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:06 AM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
Originally Posted by Delawhere?
Another outfit that sells an all Aluminum diamond plate design tank is also cheaper than the Transfer Flow tanks.

Truck Tanks

My buddy has had his tank for several years now, he had it on his 03 6.0L and bought a 08 6.4L and now he has the tank on it. He had it made to fit behind his tool box and it carries 30 gallons approx. The KSHmarine folks can custom make a tank to fit your needs and they seem to be willing to modify the tank if you have a special need or idea. My friend had his made to his specs for under $800.

Just an FYI, hope this helps anyone looking for a good quality fuel tank from what seems to be a reliable company.
Ok for those that do not want to spend the time necessary to read the whole post - don't forget that low sulphur diesel and metal of any kind don't go together - especially steel and second to aluminized steel and third to aluminum that is why most of us here chose the titan poly tank. Do your homework.<O</O

Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
bobert2412
Freshman User
Not trying to be argumentative, but, aren't most all bulk overhead and underground storage tanks steel? I know those I've seen throughout Texas are. Perhaps some sort of coating on the inside?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just read this whole post and...

Do you guys even know if the 37 gallon tank you have will even physically fit in your short bed trucks? You may be psuhing for something that won't even physically fit. Just curious if anyone has measured.

I read the chart differently than most of you guys that are upset. Of course I have a 2002 that has a 29 gallon tank so I expect a small tank for the short bed. But I also regularly pump 32 gallons into my 29 gallon tank.

Don't get me wrong...I think a truck like this should have a larger factory tank.

Does the order sheet clearly state what size the fuel tank was for the truck you ordered?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew when I bought my truck it had a 26 gallon tank. I do not believe anyone is counting on the 37 gallon tank fitting.

Quick Reply: Larger Fuel Tank