Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger Fuel Tank

Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
Rafiki2cu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Larger Fuel Tank

Transfer Flow has a 50 gal. replacment tank for the 2011 Ford CC short bed. I am thinking of replacing my 25 gal. to have more fuel when towing my fifth wheel. Has anyone else thought of adding more fuel capacity. I can have it installed for 1,150.00

Old 07-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Blown2run
Senior User
Blown2run is starting off with a positive reputation.
I removed my 50 gal. custom made aluminum in bed fuel tank from my previous truck. I will be installing it on my new truck soon. Should have a total of 75 gal capacity afterwards.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
I'll be watching this thread to see what others are doing. The factory tank size is just too small when you're pulling a trailer on a long run. I run out of fuel before I have to pee so it makes for an extra stop!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
I have kidded about a few annoying things about my truck like too easy to speed etc. This is the only real complaint I have with the truck. At 12.5 miles to the gallon when towing, the out of fuel light is on at around 250 miles. If I fill it then, I may get 18 or 19 gallons in it. 250 miles is when the truck is just hitting it's stride. I am also looking for a larger fuel capacity option.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
I have decided to order the new tank after talking to Transfer Flow. The replacment tank will stick down 3 inches below fram rail, the only draw back is the warning on how many miles to empty will not read right. I never trusted it anyway so no big deal. I like not having a tank in the bed anyway.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
I am sure you will let us know how this works out. Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
bobert2412
Freshman User
bobert2412 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Extended Range Tanks

Titan has a 51gal underbody tank for the 2010's and they say the 2011 tanks will be ready shortly. Just another option to consider. I figure there will be quite a few of us watching and waiting to see how things go before finally making the switch.

Ford Large Capacity Diesel Fuel Tanks for Pickup Trucks ~ TITAN Diesel Fuel Tanks: The Leader in Aftermarket Fuel Tanks

Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
GMUGNIER
Senior User
GMUGNIER is starting off with a positive reputation.
I actually pre-ordered the transfer flow tank and am going to cancel it on Monday as I have done extensive research on the effects of corrosion in steel tanks when condensates appear - This is actually worsened when aluminum is in play - (which is what transfer flow has. - Aluminized steel.) Ford has tons of problems with the steel tanks in the larger trucks causing rust to appear in the filters and causing all sorts of injector and motor damage in the 650-750 size trucks - I will wait for the titan tanks - Poly.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Rafiki2cu
Senior User
Originally Posted by GMUGNIER View Post
I actually pre-ordered the transfer flow tank and am going to cancel it on Monday as I have done extensive research on the effects of corrosion in steel tanks when condensates appear - This is actually worsened when aluminum is in play - (which is what transfer flow has. - Aluminized steel.) Ford has tons of problems with the steel tanks in the larger trucks causing rust to appear in the filters and causing all sorts of injector and motor damage in the 650-750 size trucks - I will wait for the titan tanks - Poly.
Great info I never thought of the corrosion factor. I will also cancel my order and checking into the titan.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
It would be nice if some kind of a group buy could be arranged.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
rsyauto
Senior User
rsyauto is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the 2011...Diesel what is the factory fuel tank capacity?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by rsyauto View Post
On the 2011...Diesel what is the factory fuel tank capacity?
depends on the cab/bed configuration..

24 - 38 as I recall..

sam

Old 07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
rsyauto
Senior User
rsyauto is starting off with a positive reputation.
Capacity

Yeah a CCab is 37.5...Thanks

Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
The short box Crew cab is 26 gallons. With zero miles on the miles to empty all I could get in was 20 gallons

Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 AM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
I'm only able to fill up to around 14 gal with my short bed but I don't run my tank below 1/4 though. That's with a regular speed pump and not running wide open (locked on the first notch).

Someday I'll see how much I can actually get in the tank; which is only a few drops at a time for the last several gallons. (Wait for foam, squeeze in a little more, wait for foam, add a little more, etc.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Larger Fuel Tank

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: