General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I'm coming to visit America from Australia. Meet up? Anyone want anything from here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:33 AM
FireBlue
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I'm coming to visit America from Australia. Meet up? Anyone want anything from here?

So i'm flying over on the 14th July, and will be leaving on the 10th August. It'll be my first time in the US
Base of operations will be Austin, Texas, but i'm sure ill travel around a bit.

So a few things...

If anyone want to meet up for beer, truck-related stuff, show me around, or just whatever, that would be awesome.

Can anyone recommend things i should do/see while im over?

If anyone would like anything from Australia, let me know as i will be coming over with an empty suitcase, so i can fill it with truck parts on my way home

I'm also into trucks, hunting, camping, motorbikes, and pretty much anything on the extreme side.

It would be great to meet some of you guys in person and do some stuff

Obviously I'd be happy to help anyone out if they came to Australia too.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
I'd meet up with you...but...it's about 2000 miles one way!!!

Seriously...try posting up in the Texas Chapter...probably have more hits.

I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
That's about 150 miles South of me. If you end up driving North, I'd like to meet up with your for a cold one. Might even try and meet you part way.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head I would want from Australia. Got any suggestions? I know a few Austin guys. I'll send them a message.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
If you're under 35, you got to hit 6th street in Austin.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:43 AM
FireBlue
Senior User
cheers guys, yeah im under 35 I guess TimTam biscuits and vegemite are things you probably cant get over there.

Maybe i'll fill my suitcase with australian beers? Are the readily available over there?
There are tons of great micro-brewery beers here im sure you wouldnt find in the USA

I wonder how many beers id be allowed to put in my luggage...

Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Hell I'm from Houston but could probably meet up also, It's only bout 4-1/2 hours away, be fun, We aere talking about doing a GTG in August, maybe we can have it about the same time you are down

Old 07-03-2010, 01:02 AM
FireBlue
Senior User
Awesome I thinking i will buy/hire a $500 truck or something so i can go wherever i want. I have no solid plans whatsoever once i am in Austin, so ill go to whereever the fun is, and move on whenever...

I'd like to see what you guys do for fun, Guns, hunting, mudding/4wding/rock climbing. Oh i really want to go out to some sand dunes in a buggy too. Caves, anything military, beaches, boats... Seriously i'm up for anything I like to see some of the touristy stuff too i guess, get a bit of culture, but also get a bit of history.

Pretty much if anyone is willing to show me around, ill drive or take a domestic flight to wherever you are, im not just wanting to stay in Texas

Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Man sounds like you are looking to go all out, that's cool, Texas definently has EVERYTHING to do, I'll post a few things up tomorrow morning on some things to do with links also, may give you a pretty good idea and places to start.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:11 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 AM
FireBlue
Senior User
Awesome cheers mate

Old 07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Geez, another one? The last one of you guys who came over here from Melbourne wound up staying and is now an admin on this site...

Seriously, if you get to California, I'm near the San Francisco Bay Area and could probably find some time to show you around, especially if it's mid-week.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:09 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Curious, why did you pick Austin? Nothing wrong I was wondering. Enjoy your`e stay here!!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FireBlue
If anyone would like anything from Australia, let me know ....
Hmmm, well, I was just kinda thinking maybe....if you could drag over a couple of those pretty HOT Aussie Super Models...well, that would be a pretty good deal.

The actress Sandra Bullock lives in Austin...maybe you could hook up with her. She's available you know...

Tubing down the Guadalupe River can be very fun but, you would want to find someone to do it with.

I am a few hours out of Austin, in the Dallas area.

How long are you going to be in the states?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you make it up to i daho id be down..lol..i know some great places for beer up here..but its just a little ways away..lol..

Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I reckon YABBIE breeding stock wouldn't survive the flight - even if it got by the immigration and FDA authorities (and who needs a crate that stinks like an old fishing warf).

Pity about that.

I don't even care much what local wildlife or environments they may destroy - freshwater LOBSTER fascinates me personally...

BRING YOU!

All of the rest will surely seem strange enough.

But you really ought to take in some of the blues music in Memphis Tennessee ("BEALLE STREET"). And while you are in Texas try to find a ZZTOP concert. I hear they are scheduled to play somewhereabout Memphis in August anyway

I can't help thinking that sampling the many styles of FOOD in this country will fascinate you the most.
There is no end of unusual culinary expertise

Ehrr - you will find the domestic beer very disappointing....

Sorry about that, but I am too.

If you're serious about going - would you like to follow a "MODIFIED STOCK" racer that seems to run and win fairly regularly? I can put you together with the BAILEY racing team out of Drummonds TN, or if you are into wild performance ask where "CLAY MILLICAN" is going to run next time

(He's a seven time world champion in his league)

IHRA

Jesse Bailey and his dad run dirt track modifieds, and Clay Millican is into TOP FUEL as far as I know

We can at LEAST find out where they are going to appear next -

Quick Reply: I'm coming to visit America from Australia. Meet up? Anyone want anything from here?