1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Screaching Halt on Progress!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Screaching Halt on Progress!

I was doin so good and then.....screach.....gotta have this to finish that gotta have that to mock up this.
To go ahead with the Jag susp. need F1 fenders
To finish rear susp. gotta have a bed and F1 rear fenders
Got a 351W (1993) need an intake/carb/dist and whatever else to set it back in time.
Need a transmission, C6 I guess. should I go C6 or AOD? I am leaning C6 but...I don't see us taking long trips in it but the extra mileage with overdrive might be nice.
Oh ! Nicolle bought me a cherry picker for Fathers Day! that was cool!
I am eventually gonna have some stuff available:
My Flatty 6 (not running but not locked up,heads off and cyl's look good)
Standard tranny
F3 suspension stuff front and rear including springs+hangers
I have like 5 leafs of the back springs each side but the rest are chicklets in a bucket!
probably the driveshaft too.
1991 Thunderbird IRS (too much work for me)
I have a "75 Camaro 10 bolt rear axle also if someone needs it.

I am just stuck at the moment an its depressing!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang in there Jeff, we have all been where you are at right now. After working on my 53 frame and drive train for the better part of 2 years I went and put the cab and front fenders on to find that the tires were not centered in the wheel openings at all! So discouraged I stopped for a couple months. Took a deep breath a couple weeks ago and removed everything and cut two inches outta my frame and basically started over. Glad i did though cause i would never been happy with it the way it was.
One piece of advice..... DON'T look at everything at once, it will drive you crazy! Pick one thing you want to accomplish and concentrate on it and it alone.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeff, you never responded to my email about the F1 front/rear fenders. Do you still need them? Email me back or PM me.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LOL Welcome, yo uare now an official F-Series truck restorer - parts required list and all.

When it gets overwhelming, just write al this stuff down and get it out of your head. Then divide and conquer.

Keep charging. It sounds like you have a good plan.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:13 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it'll work out jeff . hades you were making the rest of us look bad .... so we put a hex on ya !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm still looking around for some of the parts { sheetmetal } you need , so far nothing . good luck finding an intake / aftermarket for the windsor . everything is freaking sbc as of late on craigs list and the other places i peruse . might just be easier to buy what ya want new and be done with it . oh and im at a standstill again ..... she has occupied the black hole for a rummage sale . only one weekend , but i have not been able to do a darn thing in it for two now ................ i was hoping to figure out my wipers { the motor etc to use } and my heater / blower motor , so i can move forward . trying to get it completely functional for a couple local shows next month . gotta go park next too some six figure rides and p-ss them off as the rust bucket{s} as i'm taking the 52 also , next too them get more attention than their bling bling rides !!!!!!!!!!!!! ya want depressing .... walk out and look at yer baby for a year and knowing it could be driven if you had the time and the gumption ........................

Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
rbig1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
take a few days off. then pick one small project to bring a sense of accomplishment even if you end up not using it. i cant do anything on mine right now. but i did figure out to do one thing at a time

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Ya sure you don't just want to stick with an F-2 F-3 Express bed? I have a really nice box and fenders that need a new home!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Josh, that is nice!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
yeah I am needing the 8' box, and I am going to use F1 fenders on it. but I think,by the time I paid shipping for your bed I would have too much money in it. That does look like a nice bed! PM me on price and such, never hurts to ask!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Jeff/Nicole

I've built a few trucks and they usually take me longer than others.. When the going gets tough I just don't go out to the garage. I take a break. But so far I've always finished my builds. I always get back to it. Don't know if that's right for you or not. We're all different. Do whatever works.

Sometimes when I decide I've taken enough of a break but still don't want to get started, because with so much to do it can sometimes be a little overwhelming. So what I do is what someone once taught me. They said to go out and work a specific number of times per week--maybe 5 times? And everytime just make yourself go--even if you dread it--and just agree to work for 15minutes. And after that you can go back in the house. Its funny/its a trick--I can't remember ever once quitting after 15 minutes. Once started it gets interesting and fun, and you'll work for an hour or two as the time flies by.

And then one day surprise/surprise--you're having that first drive. And it seems unbelievable but its true.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
LOL my problem is that I don't want to do anything else EXCEPT be in the garage, but if I do that then my username will change to JEFF instead of JEFF and NICOLLE ! LOL
I just got to get my body parts before I can do much.
this is where keeping the truck original would make this easier, but I AM having fun with it! I got a vision in my head and I can't wait to see it come together!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
jmadsen

sent ya a PM

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Ya sure you don't just want to stick with an F-2 F-3 Express bed? I have a really nice box and fenders that need a new home!

lure me in then leave me hangin? talk to me! LOL

Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
jmadsen

thats 1340 miles one way...19 hours give or take...meet me half way? just talkin...probably could have one made around here for what it would cost to get it from ya. but never know till ya get down and dirty. just talkin...

Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Jeff,

You won't find a better looking Express Box than Josh's. IF you can find on eat all! It might be worth the drive, and along the way meet som eother FTE-ers with parts you might need.

OR find another FTE'r whos heading east for a truck rally or meet and strike up a deal for him to carry it for you.

ROAD TRIP!

Quick Reply: Screaching Halt on Progress!