Sponsored by:

Banks exhaust manifold and Y tubes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
GeoQwest
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks exhaust manifold and Y tubes

It has always amazed me when I crawl under the Ex to see the right manifold tube join the left at a 90 degree angle and with a reduction in diameter of at least 30%. Ford's better idea?

I am considering buying the Banks manifolds and Y tube to use with the stock cat, muffler and tailpipe (I don't like loud or spending the extra dough to replace a perfectly serviceable exhaust). I've read their propaganda and mixed reviews in other forums on their other pipes for other vehicles.

I don't own a money farm as do so many other truck owners in here. Truck bits 'n pieces take second billing to kid's university tuition, house/yard renos and other (wife directed) spending.

Does anyone have experience with the Banks install in the Ex in terms of issues with the bolt on, fuel mileage changes (objectively...with math...not a guess) and real performance gains with the stock cat/muffler on the V10?

Does anyone know of another manufacturer with a similar product without the marketing budget of Banks that performs as well?

I need hard ammunition to convince “She Who Must Be Obeyed” that the $$$ are worth it and not for a new retaining wall for the azaleas.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 288 Likes on 148 Posts
Holy Crap!

I can't remember the last time I saw you on the boards!

Glad to have you back...

You may want to consider the Ebay V10 headers and the ever so common Y-pipe mod. The Y-pipe can be found at: 5 Star Tuning | Custom Dynomemeter Chassis Tuning Products and Services

He has a few combo deals that should make all the difference for your V10.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
GeoQwest
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ex was a lawn ornament for about 3 years while I was working in Mexico...so I wasn't breaking anything!

But now I'm back driving through rivers, bouncing off of rocks and generally dishing out crap and abuse that the Ex really wasn't designed to do, I'll need all the help I can get!

And now that it's 10 years old, I can justify the fixes!

I'm off to the links you posted. Cheers...and...I'll be baaaack!...GeoQwest

Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a fella in the super duty forum that has the v10 that installed the banks headers, and as I recall enjoys the gains. I have been looking at different senerios myself, including the banks system but just can't justify the spending right now while not working. For the price of the banks you could get the eBay headers and 5 stars tunes with his y pipe, and almost installed. If you don't want to get the eBay ones and notch the frame then there are a few others that run the $600 make with no notching. You will see those also on eBay.