Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic transmission advice

Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
corey fletcher
Senior User
corey fletcher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Automatic transmission advice

Hey again....... Another question about my new to me '02 f250 4x4. I bought this awesome ride about a month and a half ago. It has 58K and is all stock. I don't know how often or even if the transmission has ever been serviced? Should I go ahead and do it to be on the safe side? There are no problems with it at all shifting empty or pulling. If the answer is yes, go ahead and service it what are any pointers you all have? Do I drop the oil pan? I assume the filter is in there? I know I may sound like a dummy but I feel much better hearing it from you folks that's actually done it and as far as I'm concerned ya'll are the pros! I'll get this all under my belt soon and hopefully can be helping others...... I sure appreciate your time! Corey

Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Sheldon Plankton
Senior User
Sheldon Plankton has a good reputation on FTE.Sheldon Plankton has a good reputation on FTE.Sheldon Plankton has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by corey fletcher View Post
....Should I go ahead and do it to be on the safe side?..
Yes. Even though the truck has low miles, if its the original fluid its now 8 years old.

Click here and follow the directions.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
itsjustdan26
Elder User
itsjustdan26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.itsjustdan26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Check the color of the fluid by wiping the dipstick on on a white towel if it looks really red then your probably alright. But if it makes you feel better, someone in here will soon post a link to tell you how to do your fluid exchange. IIRC the gasket on the trans pan is reusable so dont toss that in the waste bucket.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 AM
kccatpower
Senior User
kccatpower is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have serviced my tranny every 30k, since this truck is new to you i would start a maintenance plan at 60k. this way you have a set number to base future fluid changes on.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
corey fletcher
Senior User
corey fletcher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks all, I really appreciate it!!!!!! Any advice on the best fluid and filter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.