June BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
fastfarmer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June BS Thread

Looks like I got here first this month.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've got a road trip coming up next weekend. Got talked into driving my mother and her husband to my niece's high school graduation in Dayton Ohio.
Oh well........

Old 06-07-2010, 05:00 PM
rockin300
Post Fiend
hey pete hows it going just moved back to merrill last night

Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
fastfarmer
Elder User
Hi Nick, I'm OK just tired and sore. 10 Hr drive to Dayton on Friday then 10 Hr drive back yesterday. Aurthritic knees and hips are not very happy.
How's the Mrs doing? Must be about a month or so to go yet.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
rockin300
Post Fiend
doing good about a month left have to find a family cruiser yet ranger is in the big garage in the sky tranny locked up

Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Brandynr
Senior User
For anyone who might be interested, if you know where Watkins auto salvage is they have a very nice '79 F150 sitting there. I only saw the driver's side, but if the passenger side is the same, the cab corners and wheel wells on the box are just starting to go out. No other rust that I saw. It's got a V8, but I didn't look close enough to see what size.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Rogue427
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it ever going to quit rainning?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Brandynr
Senior User
I know I've not been here very long, and even since I have been here I'm not very active, but I figure I'll throw this up here... Some of you might get a chuckle, others might feel my pain.

I'm convinced that my truck hates me. Short history, I bought a '78 F150 Ranger 4x4 for 500 bucks. It's got a 300 in it, with a stick - not sure which tranny, but one with the granny gear. It was rusted to crap when I bought it... The box was nothing more than junk yard scrap, there was no gas tank in it (the guy was using a 6 gallon boat gas tank), both doors are shot, cab corners, entire back along the floor... Basically, I knew this was going to be a project, but I figured why not.

I removed the box, had a friend weld up a flat bed frame... Using wood for the floor, but steel for the frame of it. I've got cab corners, will fix the back of the cab, had to do exhaust work...

When I first bought the truck, I had to rebuild the carb. Got the flatbed done, tail lights installed, and the accelerator pump went out on the rebuild. Rebuilt the carb again. Got the exhaust work done, finally felt like I could start driving it... First time I took it more than 5 miles, I found out one brake caliper was sticking, it overheated and left me stranded (brakes got so hot they bogged the thing down).

Got it towed back to my dad's house (where I've been doing the work), went to see if it was really the brakes or maybe a wheel bearing or hub... Took it for a drive, parked in the garage, went to move it later, starter took a crap. Locked the engine up though, so I thought the engine was shot for a short time.

Get the starter replaced, put new calipers in, suddenly I have a brake light issue... Turns out the turn signal switch was also faulty.

So that's where it all stands now, in a nutshell. I replaced the turn signal switch after a quick trip to the junkyard, but I'm starting to wonder what's going to go wrong on this thing next.

Don't get me wrong; in the short time I've owned her, I've fallen in love. I just don't think she feels the same for me. I keep hoping if I throw little gifts at her, she'll soften a bit... But I'm running out of money in a hurry. I know, I screwed up in not just replacing the box, but I didn't figure I'd find a replacement!

The only advice I'm asking for here is, do any of you know how to placate a woman you love, when she doesn't love you back?!?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
fastfarmer
Elder User
My goodness, you certainly get points for perseverence.
BTW, I'm the wrong one to ask for relationship advice. LOL!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Brandynr
Senior User
Yeah, I'm a stubborn little jackass... I'm just starting to think this might have actually been a mistake. I can't give this gal diamonds - they'd be wasted on her... What I can give her, however, she doesn't seem to like.

On the plus side, I took her for a drive last weekend... Not too far, but far enough that I should have been able to smell if the brakes were getting hot, and nothing. Maybe she's starting to soften a bit?

Old 06-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Its june now I hear?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Brandynr
Senior User
Wow... What a difference a year can make. So, I had been thinking about getting rid of my girl, then I started doing some work around my parent's house with it. Cutting trees down and such.

After pulling 2 logs at once, each likely weighing in at ~500 pounds, and not even noticing them back there... Well, I fell in love with the ol' girl all over again. That 300 just doesn't seem to want to say no to work, so long as you keep it under 2000 RPM.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All!

Happy TGIF!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Good morning! Camping time soon! Can't wait to put that 7.3 to work.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Morning all

Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Good morning! Camping time soon! Can't wait to put that 7.3 to work.
Where are you headed?

Quick Reply: June BS Thread