Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

June Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Afternoon y'all, hope everyone is staying cool in this weather. Hey WillP, which factory do you work out of? The one right on Central or the one about 3-4 blocks to the East?
Originally Posted by bill henry
Yet, could be unemployed Zack
Oh yeah, did that for 7 months. I'll pass on going down that road again. At least the RRB unemployment checks were steady. Can't get rich on 'em...but you can pay most of the bills. Good thing I'm married to an RN.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning AR!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Zack and Will.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Morning folks,

Father's day is almost here; Last year my wife consorted with Dave + Scott to order a torque converter for me..

This year I'm trying to talk her into a pair of bellowed up-pipes...

Now, gotta get back to work.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon y'all; is it December yet????? This humidty is for the birds...or anyone else that thinks "it's not that bad out there".
Originally Posted by tojoski
Father's day is almost here; Last year my wife consorted with Dave + Scott to order a torque converter for me..

Oh brother...just what the world needs...another 7.3L trying to keep up with the 6.0L crowd. Just kidding, there's nothing wrong with a 7.3L...if they wouldn't have been built, there would have never been the 6.0L and the other less dependable engines that followed.

I wouldn't be too upset if a F650 lower dash (complete with Aux switches) just happened to show up for Father's day. But after my screw up last month...I've got a better chance at winning the PowerBall than those showing up. Besides, I haven't exactly told her about that plan. She knows about the Aux fuel tank for running B20 to B100, and seems to be ok with it...as long as I don't void the warranty. When should I tell her (A) the warranty is well past and (B) I've already voided it by making a couple somewhat-custom mods to the truck? Good thing I know a pretty decent PSD mechanic....npccpartsman.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Will P
Senior User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Afternoon y'all, hope everyone is staying cool in this weather. Hey WillP, which factory do you work out of? The one right on Central or the one about 3-4 blocks to the East?
Right on Central. If you are on the tracks and look in the front bay closest to the tracks you might see me.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon everyone, got to love a nice little overnight shower that quits about 0900...just in time for the sun to come out and steam everything dry. Oh yeah, got to love those kind of days. At least we went off duty (got all of our work done) before it got really humid. Don't think I'll get that lucky tomorrow. But it will be Friday and I get to stack some miles on the Pavement Princess and enjoy the 2 1/2 hours of quite time to myself as I head home for the weekend.
Originally Posted by Will P
Right on Central. If you are on the tracks and look in the front bay closest to the tracks you might see me.
I'll be sure to wave when we go to Mtn Pine next week. Assuming nothing changes, I'm supposed to be called for that that train on Tuesday. I figure we'll pass by about 1000-1030 and come back south about 1400. But this place...the only certainty is the uncertainty.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Will P
Senior User
If I think about I'll go over to the gate and wave back on your return trip.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning AR!

TGIF!!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Morning folks,

I think your outta luck there Joe I haven't heard from your wife ......YET.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:46 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Dorsey had the connection to get them from a friend at an Int. dealer..

It's really me that I'm trying to talk into buying them.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
It's really me that I'm trying to talk into buying them.
You'll hate 'em within a month. In a former career I used to work for the Caterpillar dealership here in Arkansas. I had a KW that used to have "liberated" dual exhaust with 6" pipes up both sides of the cab. There was another truck that floated around this part of the state that had straight pipes...and I thought it sounded great. So when one of the pipes on my truck got clipped by a low limb going into/coming out of a cell phone tower site...I figured it was a great time to replace the pipes on my truck. I talked my boss into let me "upgrade the exhaust on the truck" when we replaced the one bent pipe. The first couple of days it was great rolling down the interstate and climbing grades. Using the Jake Brake was a whole n'other world...those straight 8"s were outstanding!

After a month it got to the point I hated 'em...it got to the point I'd have a headache within an hour of getting in the truck. I ended having to sit in my boss's office for an hour explaining how wrong I was and how much I wanted the old 6" set-up back. It was nice to come into/leaving the yard without everyone in three counties knowing I was there. Thus, you'll never see/hear straight pipes on my Pavement Princess.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I already have dual 4" straight - piped..

I'm referring to the up-pipes from the manifolds to the collector.. mines leaking at the donuts..

The bellowed pipes have a steel gasket and a flex at the end that corrects the leaking problem with the donut gaskets.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:06 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I already have dual 4" straight - piped..

I'm referring to the up-pipes from the manifolds to the collector.. mines leaking at the donuts..

The bellowed pipes have a steel gasket and a flex at the end that corrects the leaking problem with the donut gaskets.
Oops, my bad. I know exactly what your talking about on the bellows on the up-pipes. I figure it's just a matter of time before I have one spring a leak on my truck. When that day comes I'm going to straight steel pipe on mine as well.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:50 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning AR!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Quick Reply: June Chat / All Topic Thread