Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YALL LIKE WHILE WRENCHING

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 AM
mabc926
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever is on the radio

But most the time I just listen to my self getting pissed off at something and everyone else saying "just wait he's gonna break it"

Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mabc926
Whatever is on the radio

But most the time I just listen to my self getting pissed off at something and everyone else saying "just wait he's gonna break it"
hhahaha thats hilarious

Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 518 Likes on 252 Posts
I'm like Rupe, country or classic rock. I wouldn't even call rapp music.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
JoeyB94
Junior User
i only listen to country and rock, depending on what im doing and how fast I gotta get it done.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Hondo Sackett
New User
Older style country and bluegrass

Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
NO RAP ALLOWED ON MY PROPERTY! ... Ask my kids what I do to iPods or anything that has rap ... I smash them if I hear it!

I listen to the Blues mostly ... Albert Collins, Anna Popovic, Buddy Guy, Latimore, Luther Allison, Otis Redding, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dave Hole, Doug MacLeod, Elvin Bishop, Eric Lindell, Michael Burks, Robben Ford, Robert Cray, Rod Piazza, Smokin' Joe Kubek, Bnois King, Steve Guyger, Sue Foley, Tab Benoit, Theodis Ealey, Tinsley Ellis, Tracy Chapman, Watermelon Slim, Corey Stevens, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, etc ...

I also do Rock, Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Metal ... AC/DC, Bad Company, 3 Doors Down, Areosmith, Boston, Aldo Nova, April Wine, Grateful Dead, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Seger, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Cat Stevens, Counting Crows, Cradle, Cream, Credence Clearwater, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Electric Light Orchestra, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Foreigner, Guns N'Roses, Harry Chapin, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Kansas, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Motley Crue, Neil Young, Nickelback, Nirvana, Queen, R.E.M, Simon & Garfunkel, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller, Styx, The Turtles, Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, etc ...

Just to name a few, I also have a pretty good collection of Country.

I have in excess of 33,000 titles ... I love music, I have been collecting music since I was 6.
All my 4 tracks, 8 Tracks, Cassettes and Vinyl have been passed through A&D conversion to MP3's.

I have yet to find a software package that can organize and catalogue them, So I am currently writing one. (or was, I haven't touched it for a few months, got to busy)

If you all have never heard Theodis Ealey, check out his title 'Stand up in it' ... It's dirty if you have a problem with that, he does have a clean version though, just ain't no good!

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
swooshcmk
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you all have never heard Theodis Ealey, check out his title 'Stand up in it' ... It's dirty if you have a problem with that, he does have a clean version though, just ain't no good!

-Enjoy

LOL awesome.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Like that did ya ...

-Enjoy

Old 05-26-2010, 01:05 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a bad list you have there, Festus.

I hate rap and hiphop or modern pop and most modern "contemporary" rock.

Classic electric (not the whining variety) blues, classic rock are generally my happy place.

Sam & Dave, Bo Diddly, Buddy Guy, CCR, Stones (Hell yeah!), AC/DC to name a few...

Although I never listen to any music while wrenching and even if I did, they hardly ever play those artists on local radio stations. Don't have an Ipod and not really a fan of apple products.

Mostly listen to internet radio that allows me to select music I like and ban the crap I don't.

I'll also listen to radio while driving longer trips but generally I tune into CBC (CBC = liberal talk radio) simply because it keeps me mad enough to stay awake (I've said too much). Besides, I have to pay for it regardless of weather I listen to or agree with their political nonsense or not.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
johnboggs21
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Hondo Sackett
Older style country and bluegrass
Finally someone else that likes bluegrass and old country lol. Im 17 and most ppl think its weird that i like that kind of music. Hell ive got a Flatt and Scruggs cassette tape in the player in the truck right now lol

Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Thanks, love my music, It's on all the time, usually pretty loud, my whole house, shop and yard are wired. Neighbors get a little cranky now and again, but they are far enough off that it has to be pretty darn loud.

I don't use anything but a desktop puter thats been hacked and beaten into submission.
I'm working on streaming from the server as soon as we get back into the house and I get to move on to fun stuff like that.

[edit] Not to worry, I do Bluegrass and Country as well, I have several Flatt and Scruggs 4 tracks, I also have several Alison Krauss titles amongst many others. [/edit]

-Enjoy

Old 05-26-2010, 01:29 PM
johnboggs21
Postmaster
hey hey that makes 3 of us lol. Might get a movement goin on here lol

Old 05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
mabc926
Elder User
I listen to Queen sometimes.....don't judge

Old 05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
rodneywar
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mabc926
Whatever is on the radio

X2 on that!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by David85
Don't have an Ipod and not really a fan of apple products
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Quick Reply: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YALL LIKE WHILE WRENCHING