Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD BEEPING

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I-6 LOVER
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LOUD BEEPING

I get this loud beeping every once in awhile in this '95 F-150 that i am working on to get it back on the road. WHAT could this be? It is only when I have the key on - not started and only once in awhile.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM
fishforlife2007
Elder User
in all seriousness now... can you describe this beep any more? is it like a digital beep? this is confusing because i have never heard of this. is it coming from your speakers?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On your question - the '92-'96 trucks have a buzzer that makes a rather annoying sound when the key is in the ignition (even when turned off) and a door is open. Then there is another buzzer, that one beeps when the ignition is on but the engine ain't running, again door needs to be open to trigger it.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Roger T. Pipe
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When either the 'check engine' 'ABS' or 'AIRBAG' lights have blown out or have been removed, you'll get an intermittent beeping sound like you described. See if these bulbs are indeed good. Chances are one of them is blown out or removed. I would guess that Ford installed this as a back up safety feature? Hope this helps!
Roger

Old 05-16-2010, 06:16 AM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by Roger T. Pipe
When either the 'check engine' 'ABS' or 'AIRBAG' lights have blown out or have been removed, you'll get an intermittent beeping sound like you described. See if these bulbs are indeed good. Chances are one of them is blown out or removed. I would guess that Ford installed this as a back up safety feature? Hope this helps!
Roger
I never knew that. Learn something new everyday, even at my age Thanks!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
fatboyf150
Senior User
roll your window down, switch the key off, close the door, and pull the headlight switch and see if it had the same beep.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've deleted the pointless, rude and off-topic posts in this thread...but it looks like it's already too late. Way to go guys, driving away a new member who simply came here looking for some help. But as long as you could get a laugh out of it at his expense, I guess that makes it okay, huh?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Hitokori
Posting Guru
im sorry mister dan....

not...

a beeping when the key is on could be anything

wow talk about narrowing it down...

gee could be something after market

so now how bout fixing the sticky adding a FAQ section

u know Frequently Asked Questions

and add some common mods and how to do them

Old 05-16-2010, 01:34 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TigerDan
I've deleted the pointless, rude and off-topic posts in this thread...
And in the process you wiped out my post where I was trying to calm the situation down but more importantly I was telling him what kind of buzzers his truck have and when each of them goes off... No hard feelings man, but sometimes edit works better than delete

Originally Posted by Hitokori

You gonna do this? Cause mods have other stuff on their hands, such as dealing with your own behavior as exemplified below:
im sorry mister dan....

not...

Old 05-16-2010, 11:01 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

How about you start a thread asking for a FAQ and provide links to some how-to mods? It's your forum. Your mod is not going to do all the work for you. You have to provide the links to things you want to see in a sticky. Perhaps your forum moderator will add a FAQ to the sticky if he sees fit. But unless you change your ways and act like an adult, I doubt if he will consider your request as genuine.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I-6 LOVER
New User
Originally Posted by fishforlife2007
in all seriousness now... can you describe this beep any more? is it like a digital beep? this is confusing because i have never heard of this. is it coming from your speakers?
Yes, it sounds like it's coming from my speakers. I know it's not the usual buzzing, dinging noises that we get from doors being opened as as far as I can tell all the idiot lights work. Also, there is NOTHING after-market in this rig.

<b>I didn't get chased off, I just walked away for awhile to see IF I could get some real help!<br>Thanks to the ADULTS on this forum for their replies.</b>

Last edited by I-6 LOVER; 05-19-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
HrdDrv
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a black box under the dash, to the right of the gas pedal that chimes/beeps, mabe etc. Pull it and see if it cures it. On mine, though, I forget my lights were left on (rainy weather) but my new battery takes care of that mistake. (I wanted to have my radio on when my doors were open, and key on ACC, is why I pulled my black box...) Good luck and let us know.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:22 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Originally Posted by HrdDrv
There is a black box under the dash, to the right of the gas pedal that chimes/beeps, mabe etc. Pull it and see if it cures it. On mine, though, I forget my lights were left on (rainy weather) but my new battery takes care of that mistake. (I wanted to have my radio on when my doors were open, and key on ACC, is why I pulled my black box...) Good luck and let us know.
That's its own buzzer tho, and it won't play the noise through the speakers... Is there a factory radio that makes a beeping noise under certain conditions? I know my aftermarket Sony unit will beep three times when it shuts off, did any factory radio had a similar feature?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
HrdDrv
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just gonna toss this one out there for a bite...
The other day I took my stepson to the parts depot for tune-up schtuff for his F-150. As I was driving, the radio starts going nutz. I start looking around the dash for lights. Turns out his cell phone was causing interference when someone texted him...beeping, tapping noises, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by HrdDrv
Just gonna toss this one out there for a bite...
The other day I took my stepson to the parts depot for tune-up schtuff for his F-150. As I was driving, the radio starts going nutz. I start looking around the dash for lights. Turns out his cell phone was causing interference when someone texted him...beeping, tapping noises, etc.
I get feedback sometimes through my speakers from the cell phone. Factory am/fm tape.

I think mines screwed anyway. The ONLY time my truck beeps is when I open the door and REMOVE the keys with the truck running. Yep, it comes right out and starts beeping. Other than that, I can run ACC stereo on, doors open and nothing. Good thing is the ignition still locks

Quick Reply: LOUD BEEPING