Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New 6.4 Crate engine coming

Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 AM
koboss1
Elder User
koboss1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trust me I want to believe its not worn out either, on the other hand the oil samples don't lie they are like a blood test, it is showing heavy wear. I'm doing another sample today at the recomended mileage of 3000 after the last one. Blackstone said

I could keep this motor wraped up in the shop and wait till the original goes or doesn't go and if it doesn't I could still sell it and make a profit. I called some wreckers before I found this new one and the all wanted 6-7K for a used one

My 05 6.0 went out with 150,000

Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I see what you're saying, let me clarify a bit.

Worn out implies the engine has lived out its useful life. 160,000 KMs is nowhere close to the life expectency of one of these engines. International rates the B50 life at 350,000 miles...this is the point where I would call it worn out.

Something is seriously wrong with yours, and to be honest you are handling that better than most. Your engine is obviously about to fail, and you have the best possible fix lined up for it. I really hope your luck improves...or you may defect and buy a Dodge!

Old 05-15-2010, 04:38 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
jasfaa is starting off with a positive reputation.
If someone spun the speedo or reset the computer(just so you guys dont jump on me) then who knows if the oil was ever changed. While I believe these motors useful life is 300,000 miles or more, the oil needs to be changed on a regular basis to get there.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:56 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend
cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
just an fyi most issues relating to cyclinder #8 are a direct result of a failed egr cooler.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
koboss1
Elder User
Thanks cheezit. I'm a victim of that I think it is the horizontal cooler that is fubared but dealer said over
And over it was fine. This time that's all coming off and its getting spartanized

Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
mhaas59
Freshman User
mhaas59 is starting off with a positive reputation.
motor

I SENT YOU A EMAIL ABOUT THE MOTOR REALY COULD USE ONE MINE AS 330,000 ON IT

Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 AM
koboss1
Elder User
Re send it I didn't get it

Old 10-21-2017, 03:43 PM
GageC
New User
GageC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Engine

Originally Posted by koboss1 View Post
i ordered a new crate engine from a guy in the states for my truck, he has a friend at the truck plant that sells the surplus engines from when they stopped putting them in the superdutys. these are still covered up sitting on the crate from navistar and i got it for $6800. complete drop in and go..

anyway what i was wondering is if i should sell the old engine or keep it for parts? its still running strong what would one of these be worth..

thanks
koboss
do you still have a contact for a crate motor

Old 12-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Smasherr
New User
Smasherr is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.4l Motor

Was wondering if the guy you got the motor from still has them available for sale. I in need of a new motor. Any help would be appreciated

Rich

Old 12-05-2018, 01:52 PM
koboss1
Elder User
I found the guy off Enginetrader.com he was in St Louis he had a handful of new engines that was about 10 yrs ago now

Old 12-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Smasherr
New User
Smasherr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you must be an old site says in no longer able to be reached when i try and bring it up.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:05 AM
koboss1
Elder User
New engine problem

So with 130,000 on this 2nd Engine I started to notice a miss in the engine while driving not all the time but speratic, no codes, no lights on dash always changed the oil at 5000km and drained water sep monthly and changed fuel filters reg. So was at a loss for about 4 months, took it to a friend and he got it to do it and said he had seen before where the valve lifter sticks and chews the lobe on the cam, so he took the drivers side valve cover off and took the number 2 cylinder rockers off when he noticed it make the noise and noise went away.. Torr it down and it was the lifter had stuck and chewed the cam and the roller on the lifter. So it's getting new lifters and a camshaft $$$$ , putting this out there cause it was crazy to try and diagnose!

Old 03-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Holy cow, you have some bad luck with engines. Sorry to hear of the pricey out-of-warranty repair!

Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Sorry to hear that too.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:42 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Roller lifter/cam failure is the easiest and quickest way to write off any 6.0/6.4 truck, due to the labour involved with replacement.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 6.4 Crate engine coming

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: