Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different kind of nerf bar...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
DIYiT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Different kind of nerf bar...

I'm hoping somebody can help me find what I'm looking for. I'm having a problem even knowing what to call this style of nerf bar.

What I'm looking for looks similar to this:

http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com...ab/F9765RC.jpg

However, rather than having the larger 3" (?) part of the step go straight across, with the smaller 1-1/2" tubing creating the drop, I saw a truck with a similar outline of step, but it was a single 3" tube which hugged close to the body, had an offset downward (4 bend saddle for the electricians/plumbers on the board) and then returned to hug the body again. It didn't have a straight tube running through the dropped section and I loved the look of it on the truck. I wish I would have taken a picture when I saw it, but I didn't have my phone handy.

Can anybody help me figure out what I'm looking for (if it even exists for Fords). I saw it on a single cab 90's style Chevy truck and I loved the look. I think it'll look great on my single cab Ford (better truck, so it's gotta look even better, right?).