Rosewood DIY arrived, 38 gallon tank installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Rosewood DIY arrived, 38 gallon tank installed

Just too excited to not post it.

Got my Rosewood DIY Stage I kit yesterday!
Will be doing that this weekend as long as my wife doesn't go into labor before then...

Plus my 38 Gallon rear tank is installed. Havn't filled it up yet (waiting to get paid on friday) but I'll have over 56 gallons fuel capacity!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wooo Hooo. Two great mods.
Good luck with the injectors and the baby.

We are both real close to having a baby.We packed the suit case the other day and did a dry run to the Hospital.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 AM
chris64
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God bless both your families, and those babies on the way! Let me know how the DIY kit goes... Did you get the pre-machined intensifier pistons, or will you have the originals ground down?
C

Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 AM
madd91
Junior User
Awesome.... early congrats on the new baby!

Where did you get the 38 gallon rear tank? I would like to install one on my truck.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM
foxracing0934
Posting Guru
Congradulations Brownie! Hopefully you have another vehicle ready this weekend just in case haha. Talk about a pressured build if you didn't lol. Icant wait to fix my rear tank and go bigger.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way to go Brownie!!!! First kid? Keep us updated for sure. As for the mods, excellent. I's like to do the bigger tank a well, someday. Did you get your chip burned for 1's? You're going to fall in love with t your truck all over again once those new sticks are in.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Thanks guys. I'm going crazy waiting for this baby to come!

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Wooo Hooo. Two great mods.
Good luck with the injectors and the baby.

We are both real close to having a baby.We packed the suit case the other day and did a dry run to the Hospital.
We have the bags packed and ready to go, car seat in the wife's car. We are only about 15 minutes from the hospital and drive up there a lot so I think we're as ready as we can be.
Good luck with your baby!

Originally Posted by chris64
God bless both your families, and those babies on the way! Let me know how the DIY kit goes... Did you get the pre-machined intensifier pistons, or will you have the originals ground down?
C
I got the pre-machined pistons. Then sending my stock ones back to Jim.

Originally Posted by madd91
Awesome.... early congrats on the new baby!

Where did you get the 38 gallon rear tank? I would like to install one on my truck.
I got the tank from RockAuto. Part # F26E Had to buy some extra tubing to extend the pickup and return tubes, make a extended rod for the float, and cut two extra notches in the hole where the sender goes so it sits right in there. I just follwed Jim's install www.dzljim.com

Originally Posted by foxracing0934
Congradulations Brownie! Hopefully you have another vehicle ready this weekend just in case haha. Talk about a pressured build if you didn't lol. Icant wait to fix my rear tank and go bigger.
We have my wife's car all ready with the car seat in it. I wouldn't be tearing my truck apart if it was our only vehicle this close to her due date. lol

Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Fullcrew7.3
Way to go Brownie!!!! First kid? Keep us updated for sure. As for the mods, excellent. I's like to do the bigger tank a well, someday. Did you get your chip burned for 1's? You're going to fall in love with t your truck all over again once those new sticks are in.
Yep, first kid. Mason Charles Brown. I'll post when he's born whenever I can. Don't think the hospital here has WiFi.

When I ordered my chip from Jim he told me I could get stock tunes if I wanted to, but since I wanted to upgrade injectors later on I could get the Stage I tunes instead.
So that's what I did, got the Stage I tunes, which run fine with stock sticks, just can't max out the power settings. So I'm ready to go! I can't wait to see this thing actually roll some coal!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
madd91
Junior User
Cool! Thanks man...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:24 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
Yep, first kid. Mason Charles Brown. I'll post when he's born whenever I can. Don't think the hospital here has WiFi.

When I ordered my chip from Jim he told me I could get stock tunes if I wanted to, but since I wanted to upgrade injectors later on I could get the Stage I tunes instead.
So that's what I did, got the Stage I tunes, which run fine with stock sticks, just can't max out the power settings. So I'm ready to go! I can't wait to see this thing actually roll some coal!
Congrats for everything, in special for your Jr.
I also have my TW chip burned for Stage I, and now I have stock sitcks. Im waiting to have some day my new sticks and get all the power. So I want to know how it goes, keep posting.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the baby. My first niece was born two weeks ago monday.
Good Luck on the sticks, make sure to let us know how both go.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
I'll keep posting. I'll try to get pics of the injector rebuild but can't promise anything. You know how it goes and you just want to get it done...

Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats to you and Neal on the baby. My little boy is 2 and the only thin thats suck is the mods got put off for a while but it's worth it

Let's us know how the DIY goes i will be doing them soon.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
Congratulations Neil and Brownie on the up coming little ones. Get your sleep now though.
Hey Mike my sons have that same battery powered Ford truck in your avitar.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CONGRATS to you and your wife on the little one. I'm guessing your wife's more ready for the baby to be born that you are!!!!!

Congrats to Neal as well. No kids for me yet but someday!

You'll love the 38gal tank. It hurts the wallet when filling it up, but it's SO nice to not have to fill up every 500 to 600 miles. When it's completely empty and you have the vent mod done, you can get 39 gal in it to the brim.

Quick Reply: Rosewood DIY arrived, 38 gallon tank installed