F100 on Overhaulin'

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F100 on Overhaulin'

What did you guys think of it ???

Myself, I cringed...lots of rare parts tossed out...The shortbed bedside toolbox for one...and the finished product looks nice...but that ultra rare 65 aluminum grille got ruined...and those hideous door panels....ughhhhh

- cs65

Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
did i miss something?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
The episode was aired today...here its shown on Discovery channel...the show runs several episodes at a time here in the afternoon.

- cs65

Old 05-04-2010, 01:32 AM
flipklos
Cargo Master
Chip foose sucks

I have hated nearly every single vehicle he has ever done. The mans attatudie is to slam it, install a lame dime a dozen crate engine, put gigantic wheels with tiny tires on, and paint it some freaking obnoxious color!

I hate chip foose. Him and kid rock are two people I would love to tarheal for their utter stupidity and obnoxiousness. No joke, my pulse went up when I read this.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 AM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
well I dont have anything against him...BUT I think the stereo crap has to go period...and the dropped stuff is weak...or raised on the 4WD trucks...
I did see they redid a 56 Cadillac convertible...VERY tastefully done...kept mostly original with a few subtle tweaks...it ended up gunmetal gray/silver with the OE white top with salmon and white interior...original engine rebuilt...painted salmon too mostly the ribbed aluminum covers as I recall...looked pretty good over all...the owner..a middle aged lady whose husband hated the car LOVED the end result...I think its the best older car Ive seen him do on the show of those Ive seen...all trim kept on...including door handles and kept at OE ride height...But the 65 truck I saw preceding the Cadillac...OMG...I about cried...the owner when he was trying to get a replacement value money...said the truck prior was worth 10K...1/2 ton 2WD shortbed a/t,FE...radio delete too as I recall...a nice clean original truck...looked to be OE paint as well...ruined the tailgate and doors...and shaved all of the trim...fender badges, hood badge, CC door nameplates...and I think the tank got put in under the bed as the frame got hacked for a wider rear end and different front end...just IMO took a good solid survivor and ruined it...

- cs65

Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 AM
flipklos
Cargo Master
If anyone wants theyre truck raped give it to me not chip foose. I will work for free. chip will take your money and then rape your beautiful ride. Pimping a ride = RAPE!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:01 AM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
He does what I would call pimp them out...if you have seen the show called pimp my ride then you see the difference...
Makes me wonder...speaking of those kind of mods...has anyone seen one of those bouncy bouncy full size cars BREAK in the frame during their showing off ??? I havent...but thinks it would be a sight to see...

- cs65

Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 AM
KUSTOM64
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys. you may not like chip's style but he has a heart of gold. i know him well. please keep the foose-bashing to a minimum. keep it about the car, not the man...

Old 05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
CS65, if you've ever seen Pimp My Ride, they really just do a cosmetic makeover. Overhaulin' at least does a proper re-do, addressing rust and bad previously repaired areas.
I don't like some of the stuff he does to certain cars, but if everybody wanted their cars built the same it'd be a boring world.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
64F-100
Senior User
Foose did a late '60s Bronco on one show; He did a nice job keeping it mostly stock...Even the bigger wheels he put on looked almost like stock ones. I think he tends to do whatever the "friends" of the owner tell him the owner would want.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
CS65, if you've ever seen Pimp My Ride, they really just do a cosmetic makeover. Overhaulin' at least does a proper re-do, addressing rust and bad previously repaired areas.
I don't like some of the stuff he does to certain cars, but if everybody wanted their cars built the same it'd be a boring world.
I agree with Old Crow; didn't / havn't seen this esipsode you guys are mentioning.
Reference to Overhaulin; each to his own. I like more stock concept's; but the bling bling is the nowaday's attention getter!
TV land is sad in my opinion; it's what drives the folks to watch it.
Foose is super talented; did you guys remmeber his f100 Overlord esipsode!
Overall stock concept!

Mitch

Old 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
I like Chip alot...dont get me wrong...I am not talking about the man...its just this one particular 65 Ford.
I personally would love to meet him...he seems like a great guy and a helluva talent ...I totally loved the 54 (?) Ford bus he did for John Force...THAT was cool...kept it same color too...I also liked the one where Chips truck got redone...not so much for the truck...which turned out great IMO, but seeing genuine emotion...not too many guys would let it show...
Over all most of the cars Ive seen done on OverHaulin' were done pretty good...and I think the workmanship is good...I totally agree its a total teardown in most cases and replacing bad panels properly and redoing old repairs...a HUGE thumbs up for that...Thats no easy feat...

Again, I like Chip...he seems to be a genuinely nice guy who cares about the finished product and getting it done to the customers liking...

- cs65

Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
unclejtl
Cross-Country
well, I gotta throw my opinion in on this one. I think the "problem" in this senerio is with the friends/family members that have the vehicle owner "punked". chip, i believe is an exellent craftsman and does a wonderful job with the vehicles. it's the imput from the "instigator" that ruins the vehicle. If you were to ask the opinion of the owners of the vehicles, i believe they would like them more "period" than "pimped". If your to blame anyone for the outcome, please blame the "perpetrator". ha!

I have repeatedly told my wife EXACTLY what to do to my truck when she calls overhaulin!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 AM
sllt96xlt
Senior User
What about this one? Craigs list f250 with chevy drivetrain.

1965 Ford F250

Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
flipklos
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by KUSTOM64
hey guys. you may not like chip's style but he has a heart of gold. i know him well. please keep the foose-bashing to a minimum. keep it about the car, not the man...
I dont belive I said one thing about chip foose that was not a representation of him in the mass media. His vehicles in my mind are an aboration to the eye.

In his personal life the guy may be a saint. I dont know. His cars and trucks on the otherhand make me want to .............

Quick Reply: F100 on Overhaulin'