Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Where to get a door piece...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Where to get a door piece...

Ok I have tried looking but I dont really know the part name that I am looking for. (Im also at work using a work computer and they dont work the best for search's!)

Its that black weatherstripping piece that is on the bottom of our doors, is it just called a weather strip, or...?

The piece on my drivers door is getting to the point where it needs to be replaced.

Is there any way to "modify" the strip down there? (thought I read about sticking a tube in there or something to stiffen it up?)

On my rear supercab doors I get a little mud in the bottom of the door (where the rust typically starts) and would like to find a way to stop that.

Tell me please that the only source isnt from my beloved over priced ford dealer!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
nhill2090
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talk to ed, I think i paid like $25 a piece or something for them

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Waltdog
of American machinists

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed can get you set up for far less than dealer prices.

partsguyed.com

Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
bluescrew
Elder User
i have the same issue... ford did not design this part to last. cant sell new trucks if the old ones last forever lol

Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah i have to talk to Ed about a few other pieces I need, I was just gonna pile up a few things then get a shipment sent up here.

Shipping prices always make parts less worth it for us Great White North folks!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Ok I have tried looking but I dont really know the part name that I am looking for. (Im also at work using a work computer and they dont work the best for search's!)

Its that black weatherstripping piece that is on the bottom of our doors, is it just called a weather strip, or...?

The piece on my drivers door is getting to the point where it needs to be replaced.

Is there any way to "modify" the strip down there? (thought I read about sticking a tube in there or something to stiffen it up?)

On my rear supercab doors I get a little mud in the bottom of the door (where the rust typically starts) and would like to find a way to stop that.

Tell me please that the only source isnt from my beloved over priced ford dealer!
That mod is for the weatherstrip on the "body" side of the opening. I assume you are looking for the part on the door itself? FYI-When you get new ones they are a different design than what is currently on your truck.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah Jay I am looking for the rubber piece with the "things" to install them in the bottom of the door. (those barbed pieces, whatever they are called lol)

Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No part number but this is it...

www.partsguyed.com

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 PM
canister
Senior User
Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
That mod is for the weatherstrip on the "body" side of the opening. I assume you are looking for the part on the door itself? FYI-When you get new ones they are a different design than what is currently on your truck.
Can you explain the difference? I have to replace mine. 2 of them fell off and I can't get them back on.