6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

HP BS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP BS

A number of posts talk about reflashing and new, increased hp / torque numbers for the 2011.

Strange, Ford still quotes 390 / 735....

-m

Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Kind of like build dates and ETA's that are all over the place.

Some things, it sounds like, we're not going to know until owners have trucks sitting in driveways...then we can believe it.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Well we keep hearing it for good sources so we keep talking about it. Such as this article from pickuptrucks.com:

Sources: Ford Plans Power Increase for Power Stroke V-8 Diesel - PickupTrucks.com News

I said it looks like its goanna happen which it might so how is this BS when thats what everyones hearing. I will have to agree with you about the numbers of 405 HP and 800 ft lbs of torque now that may be over the top and I dont know where these numbers are coming from. However a Ford rep told me that the final numbers aren't released yet and they are just playing games with GM right now.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Hobo
Senior User
I don't see pickuptrucks.com as a reliable source. Their latest comparison of power curves proves to me that they are none too bright. The author of that story was apparently unable to calculate horsepower or torque based on engine RPM's, torque, or horsepower. For example the author stated that by 2800 RPM's the new Powerstroke have fallen below 700lb-ft of torque. Which is pretty funny since in order to make the claimed 390hp at 2800 RPM's the motor has to churn out 731.5lbs-ft at that engine speed.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hobo
I don't see pickuptrucks.com as a reliable source. Their latest comparison of power curves proves to me that they are none too bright. The author of that story was apparently unable to calculate horsepower or torque based on engine RPM's, torque, or horsepower. For example the author stated that by 2800 RPM's the new Powerstroke have fallen below 700lb-ft of torque. Which is pretty funny since in order to make the claimed 390hp at 2800 RPM's the motor has to churn out 731.5lbs-ft at that engine speed.

Ok you go me there. I wasnt a fan of that chart ethier. After I went back looked at it again I saw what you were talking about. But those people over there have acess to the inside of the Ford, RAM, & GM and I also heard about the new numbers from a Ford rep. Who knows whats going on? I wouldnt mind more power long as it stays together.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
bookem15
Senior User
bait and switch

The Numbers that Ford came out with in the beginning was just their way of getting all of it's customers some rough numbers and to get Chevrolete to do exactly what they did do and go just a little higher. That could be the reason they did not ship any of them out to the dealers was because they wanted to wait and see what the duramax numbers were going to be so they could just crank up the juice a little. I am not sure why some people are upset with them for doing it but I think it is funny. The first thing some people are going to do is put a tuner on theirs and turn up the juice and for those of us that want (need) to keep our warranty in tact will wait until it runs out then turn up the juice on it anyway so I say "NICE JOB FORD"!!!! just my .02 worth

p.s. can not wait to order mine in a couple of months because I will be able to pay cash by then.....

Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Originally Posted by Evan99
Well we keep hearing it for good sources so we keep talking about it. Such as this article from pickuptrucks.com:

I said it looks like its goanna happen which it might so how is this BS when thats what everyones hearing. I will have to agree with you about the numbers of 405 HP and 800 ft lbs of torque now that may be over the top and I dont know where these numbers are coming from. However a Ford rep told me that the final numbers aren't released yet and they are just playing games with GM right now.
So... quoting another web source = "good source"? Seriously?
And that article speculated "within the next year" not, "before the trucks are even delivered"

And last, you say a "Ford rep" claims the numbers "have not been released." News flash: The numbers are posted right there with all the other Ford "testing" fiction on the Ford site.

Really looking forward to selling my truck and buying a Dodge C&C.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

IHBASE...Ha,Ha,Ha.....Dodge, what a loser.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 PM
skinner24
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have a 06 or 07 Dodge with a 6.7L Cummins. The truck has 60,000 miles on it and has been in the shop over fifteen times for the same stuff. The alarm to clean out the particulate filter comes on non-stop. It's a joke and I wouldn't own it.
You might be able to buy a Dodge pretty cheap here soon. That is if their sales don't increase.
If this Ford designed 6.7L is as good as they claim, I'll have one in a year.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Originally Posted by skinner24
We have a 06 or 07 Dodge with a 6.7L Cummins. The truck has 60,000 miles on it and has been in the shop over fifteen times for the same stuff. The alarm to clean out the particulate filter comes on non-stop. It's a joke and I wouldn't own it.
You might be able to buy a Dodge pretty cheap here soon. That is if their sales don't increase.
If this Ford designed 6.7L is as good as they claim, I'll have one in a year.
Well, if you are being honest, I'll have to defer to you because you have actual experience. Are you saying that the truck goes in every 4,000 miles?

The 6.7 first appeared in the 07.5 Dodge.

I have not heard similar problems around here. Large utility switched over in '08 with no drivetrain issues to date. And the high-mile RV delivery guys are almost exclusively Dodge now.

Problem is, one year isn't enough to know much about the new Ford motor. For most people, that is less than 20k.

-mike

Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 PM
airj
Junior User
IHbase I have an idea, if want a piece of crap dodge then go to a dodge fourm and take your opinionswith you. As you can tell by the title of the website its called FORD Truck Enthusiasts. Not Dodge truck enthusiasts. If you want to spend your hard earned $money$ of a lesser truck thats not up to me. Now right now your going to say well that Cummins is a beast of an engine. yeah, but you also got to look at capabilities, quality, value(ford new diesel cost a ton less than the Cummins), mpg, power, and much more. Now your going to say last few of Fords diesel engines weren't good. One this engine isn't made by the same company. Two blame Navistar not Ford.

roadkingfl your right "dodge what a loser."

Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 AM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by IHbase
A number of posts talk about reflashing and new, increased hp / torque numbers for the 2011.

Strange, Ford still quotes 390 / 735....

-m
And yet, still more then your 6.7 cummins

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Originally Posted by IHbase
So... quoting another web source = "good source"? Seriously?
And that article speculated "within the next year" not, "before the trucks are even delivered"

And last, you say a "Ford rep" claims the numbers "have not been released." News flash: The numbers are posted right there with all the other Ford "testing" fiction on the Ford site.

Really looking forward to selling my truck and buying a Dodge C&C.

Dang son the man just told me that Ford wasnt sure about the 390 & 735 numbers being final and they were possibly going to change it. So you want a RAM because of the possibilty of the numbers changing? Who pissed in your cereal? I just heard something and thought it was worth putting on the forum.

Oh and by the way Pickuptrucks.com is awesome!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Ford also has magazine ads out claiming most horsepower and torque, they may want that to actually be true when the trucks hit the lots.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Scorpion67
Elder User
Originally Posted by origcharger
Ford also has magazine ads out claiming most horsepower and torque.
So does Chevy.

Quick Reply: HP BS