Sponsored by:

tax returns?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
tax returns?

well its that time of the year, i just filed mine i'll be getting back alittle bit...just enough for some new 20" tires and maybe do exhaust...then pay off some outstanding medical bills(i'm doing that first btw)

what are you guys doing with yours?

i'm planning on some Cooper Tires Zeon LTZ Tires in the same 275/55 20 size i have now as to not hurt profomance anymore then they allready do since i only have 3:73s...i wonder how this is going to look w/my 3" lift i got from the x-codes and 350 blocks we shall see!

i also wanna do exhaust, i'm thinking of going with the same muffler i have on my v6 explorer and made it sound very deep and nice. since it helped the v6 i hope it'll do the same on the v10. the muffler is the dynomax super turbo, i also plan to route it like i did on my explorer lightning style under the running board on the pass side infront of the rear tire.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man oh man, the single days. The X got the last 2 years of tax returns, so I figured this years should better be spent on stuff the family needed, not that the family doesn't need the X. Got some new furniture, and actually squeezed a short trip in for spring break. Next years is mine again, and hopefully going into a boat, again for the family to use!

Time to put some money aside for the gear swap so you can get the tires that you need on there with the 20's!

Old 03-16-2010, 01:03 AM
05ExcursionatorCA
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, to start with im married. the end.

This year Im getting a sweet Westin grille guard for the beast, and the wife is getting the new Motorola Droid. The rest is going on credit cards and back into the business. Hopefuly I get back what I invest this year.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
well its that time of the year, i just filed mine i'll be getting back alittle bit...just enough for some new 20" tires and maybe do exhaust...then pay off some outstanding medical bills(i'm doing that first btw)

what are you guys doing with yours?

i'm planning on some Cooper Tires Zeon LTZ Tires in the same 275/55 20 size i have now as to not hurt profomance anymore then they allready do since i only have 3:73s...i wonder how this is going to look w/my 3" lift i got from the x-codes and 350 blocks we shall see!

i also wanna do exhaust, i'm thinking of going with the same muffler i have on my v6 explorer and made it sound very deep and nice. since it helped the v6 i hope it'll do the same on the v10. the muffler is the dynomax super turbo, i also plan to route it like i did on my explorer lightning style under the running board on the pass side infront of the rear tire.
we used ours to get our X this year! maybe next year! we need to put a new roof on our house so next years will probably go towards that!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:03 AM
USMC616
Junior User
Mine is being split between some upgrades to the Ex, shocks, sway bars, towing morrors, steering stabilizer, and the new TT, awning slideouts, power jack, etc.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PAYED OFF EVERYTHING....... only thing i have is house hold bills

i was laid off in NOV '09, and been pinching pennies since then, but i payed off the one credit card, atv's, and minivan....... i don't owe a bank a single bail out dollar what so ever!!

BUT i have on the list......"at least" V/B code springs, "better" shocks, 3rd row seat (if i ever can find a used one), and some more aggressive tires, Rear anti-sway bar......after that, everything else is just cosmetic

i thank the guys at FTE for the "best of luck", received a few email from ya'll and never met a one in person! this is a great group, and glad i can be a part of it!!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
OutlawNomad
Senior User
Mine actually was used to buy my ex**

**Mods sold separately

Old 03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by TeamMudd
PAYED OFF EVERYTHING....... only thing i have is house hold bills

i was laid off in NOV '09, and been pinching pennies since then, but i payed off the one credit card, atv's, and minivan....... i don't owe a bank a single bail out dollar what so ever!!

BUT i have on the list......"at least" V/B code springs, "better" shocks, 3rd row seat (if i ever can find a used one), and some more aggressive tires, Rear anti-sway bar......after that, everything else is just cosmetic

i thank the guys at FTE for the "best of luck", received a few email from ya'll and never met a one in person! this is a great group, and glad i can be a part of it!!
i was told you can use a seat out of a explorer or a van also, dont know if its true

Old 03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i heard a 2000+ model expedition as well. i've found a couple on ebay, but shipping is 3x as much as the seat it's self.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM
howler4x4
More Turbo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... dynomax super turbo, i also plan to route it like i did on my explorer lightning style under the running board on the pass side infront of the rear tire.
How much clearance do you figure is needed between the pipe & plastic running board? Shield?

This one, WLK-17792, should go in E-Z (add a short, straight 3" piece) and use the tailpipe. Why go short? I'm curious.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:58 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah right with two kids in college. it won't get spent on my Ford trucks and that's for sure.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by cbradford
Yeah right with two kids in college. it won't get spent on my Ford trucks and that's for sure.

hey you got a bigger picture of your excursion? it looks like it has a black grill and front end, i wanted to do that to mine. i dont like chrome much.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by b-uno
hey you got a bigger picture of your excursion? it looks like it has a black grill and front end, i wanted to do that to mine. i dont like chrome much.

Here you go:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - cbradford's Album: 05 LTD V10 Excursion

Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
THAT thing is VERY nice! did you do all the blacking out yourself?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by b-uno
THAT thing is VERY nice! did you do all the blacking out yourself?
Thanks b-uno and no, I'm pretty sure that's the way it came from the factory, but for sure it's the way I purchased it.

Quick Reply: tax returns?