Hooker Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 04:44 PM
67 428 Fairlane Ranchero
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hooker Headers

I ordered a set of Hooker Headers for my 67 Ranchero from JEGS and when I opened the box I found that the left side were split with slider tubes. Has anyone had good or bad experience with these header leaking. I geuse it helps putting them on. I also have seen the tri Y headers how good are these. I also ordered a pair of Ford Racing Aluminum valve covers for FE and they came in and they are the COBRA with the LE MANS logo on them just like on the cover of the Steve Christ Big-Block Ford Engine catolog these were 161.99 pair. I have seen were people have said that the LE MANS valve covers were not availible any more they only said COBRA. These are awesome valve covers.

Old 01-23-2003, 06:12 PM
CACWBY
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooker Headers

Ford Powertrain Applications makes a Tri-Y for a 390-428 in 66-70 Fairlane/Ranchero. And if you want headers with an actual port match his are probably only ones that will. Be sure to tell him if you are using EBrock heads and he'll be sure to make them match. His were my Third try on recent rebuild, I have a set of DynoJunk in my bed, and returned a set of Sandersons. He only does Ford stuff.