1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

new chip, got lucky

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Jacksfirstdiesel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new chip, got lucky

I just couldn't help myself. I'm tryin' to be good and all drivin' aroun town with stock tunes cuz I don;t have a pyro yet but this morning I pull up to the light next to this desert truck and I know he's gonna gas it. Whats a self respecting guy sposed to do....click..click goes the selector **** to the heavy tow tune.....light turns green little desert truck tries hard then gets smaller and smokier in the rearview.......then I see 'em.....2 motorcycle officers at the crest of the hill. one's pointing the radar at me the other is getting ready to go get another speeder....me! So I let up and slide over to the curb even before he's got me lit up and shut 'er down. I know whats coming no sense denying it. He walks up, we exchange pleasantries I say yes sir several times....he says I was doin' 72 in a 55 license and registration you know the drill. He walks away and starts writing. right about then the little desert truck rolls by prob'ly laughin' his as soff then my new friend comes back and hands me..........get this.............. A WARNING! not a ticket but a written warning. Tells me that maybe I should get my speedo recalibrated to the bigger tires and sends me on my merry way telling me to be more careful. so I'm thinking right now.you know what.......He's right be careful out on the streets guys with your mods. I read on here "good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."I hope somebody learns from my mistake.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
haha. well look at the bright side. least you beat the guy in the race. and you walked away with just a warning.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
and here I thought you were going to ease over that hill, then chase desert truck down, lol. Good story, your point is well taken, safety first!

Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Lol that's awsome dude good kill thoe, I just got lucky 20 mins ago hah my buddy knows my trucks got ***** and he other kid dosnt belive it so my buddy tells me to show er off a little So I come out of the work parking lot smokin and smoldering the tires lol 2 seconds later he calls me and says hey is that cop up your ***?? I say... So thTs who's parked up my ***!! Haha so I take a left towards the line of town nxt to me and he backed off, thoe stacks are gettin me so much attention lately lol

Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Jacksfirstdiesel
Senior User
I guess it's just the new seat o the pants factor. Its just so doggone fun testing out my work,I gotta make sure I did it right don't I? LOL

Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Thats exactly what i'm saying!