Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 08:46 PM
gmt4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance mods

I have an 2000 explorer XLS 4.0L 6 CYL Intend to install K&N FIPK, Granatelli Mass Air Sensor, BBK 66MM Throttle Body. Is there a performance chip that is suitable for my Explorer.
I'm learning in the process so suggestions are welcome!
Also interested in a lowering kit about 1-1/2 in.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
performance mods

Welcome to the site! There is a choice between the Diablo and the Superchips. I have had both, and my personal preference is the Diablo. You get more net gains from it, plus the cost is far better. The webmaster of this site and motorhaven.autoanything.com sells both chips, and is very competitive in pricing for them. You might want to check with Ken (the webmaster) for more specific information about what the specific gains you would see through each of the chips. I would suggest staying away from the Jet modules. You would not be happy, and would not see any gains from it. Check in the Computer Chip Forum and talk to Ken.

Hope this help sand I hope you enjoy being here!! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help you with just about anything to do with your X. Let us know!!

Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
performance mods

Welcome to the site! There is a choice between the Diablo and the Superchips. I have had both, and my personal preference is the Diablo. You get more net gains from it, plus the cost is far better. The webmaster of this site and motorhaven.autoanything.com sells both chips, and is very competitive in pricing for them. You might want to check with Ken (the webmaster) for more specific information about what the specific gains you would see through each of the chips. I would suggest staying away from the Jet modules. You would not be happy, and would not see any gains from it. Check in the Computer Chip Forum and talk to Ken.

Hope this helpsand I hope you enjoy being here!! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help you with just about anything to do with your X. Let us know!!