1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Icon 2.5" Leveling System Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM
seminaryranger
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Icon 2.5" Leveling System Installed

Today a couple of buddies and me put an Icon 2.5" lift on my '09 F250 crew cab.... and this kit is awesome. It rides great! I had 2 good buddies help me do the install, and we were able to get it all set up in about 4 hours.

The hardest part was getting the steering wheel straight again, but once we figured out which way to turn the adjustment sleeve, it was cake. Also the new adjustable track bar is really nice for getting the axle centered under the vehicle.

I ended up with about 3" of total lift, and we gave it a good shake down off road to help settle the new springs out.

Here's the only pics I have this evening.

This last pic is kind of a bad comparison. We put my truck nose-to-nose with another F250 that has a 1" leveling spacer and 35" Open Country A/T. The difference in heigth is hard to see because I was off the driveway a bit.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks cool. Can you say about what that set-up cost?
And do you know where the 1" lift came from?

Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great! Sounds like it wasn't bad to install either. Very nice!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:23 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
thats the cleanest i've seen your truck, almost didn't reconize it without it covered in mud...lol

truck looks good! congrats!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Looks awesome and like jlmotox said your truck looks wierd without all that mud on it lol.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 AM
rynomush1
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been looking for a good leveling kit, how much did this one cost you. Are you going to put airbags on the rear?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 AM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you post a pic of the adjustable track bar?

Old 02-28-2010, 04:20 AM
akford351
Posting Guru
Very nice! How do you like those Goodyears?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:26 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
very nice job and the truck looks good at that height. So how is the gas mileage without all that mud on it?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 AM
David1986
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice Truck!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 PM
wideglidewoody00
Senior User
Nice job the truck looks great. Could you tell me the brand of steps you have on it. I don't think I've seen those before. Thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
seminaryranger
More Turbo
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
Can you say about what that set-up cost?
And do you know where the 1" lift came from?
The lift I bought cost me right at $1400. I know it's a lot of cash for "just", and I could get a similar heigth with plow springs up front, but this kit rides fantastic! The progressive rate coils and Super-Duty valved Icon shocks are a nice addition off road.

The 1" spacers were on the other Super Duty when the gentleman bought it. They mount under the front factory coils and look to be aluminum. That all I can give you.

Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja
Sounds like it wasn't bad to install either. Very nice!
One of my friends is really good with a wrench, and was able to make the install go silky smooth. I was especially thankful when he was able to help get the steering wheel re-centered and get the axle centered with the new track bar. Had it just been me alone, I'd still be working on it 2 days later, haha!

Originally Posted by jlmotox
thats the cleanest i've seen your truck, almost didn't reconize it without it covered in mud...lol
That's funny you mention that. My truck is usually very clean. I spend a lot of time cleaning it because I, uhh, spend a lot of time in the dirt!

Originally Posted by Evan99
Looks awesome and like jlmotox said your truck looks wierd without all that mud on it lol.
See above, haha. I always think, "Man, my truck looks terrible with all that mud stuck to the doors..." Thanks

Originally Posted by rynomush1
I have been looking for a good leveling kit, how much did this one cost you. Are you going to put airbags on the rear?
This is one of the nicest (but most expensive, unfortunately) leveling kit I've seen for our Super Dutys. Then again, I got a little more lift overall than my friends who do spacers up front or X-Springs. But then again, they paid a lot less for to bring their trucks up an 1.5" over stock.

I don't plan on air bags... because I'm not sure what they're for. Enlighten? Sorry, I'm a noob I guess!

Originally Posted by rotun
Can you post a pic of the adjustable track bar?
I'd be glad to get a pic of the adjustable track bar for you. Just sit tight and I'll post it up as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by akford351
How do you like those Goodyears?
Thanks. Your truck has the 4.5" Icon, right? The new MT/R Kevlars are fantastic tires, especially on the wet roads. Off road, they seem to do as good, similar to a BFG MT in the mud. Sand traction seems good, but will dig like any mud tire if you're not careful. Price seems to be a little high in the 18" sizes in my area.

Originally Posted by senix
very nice job and the truck looks good at that height. So how is the gas mileage without all that mud on it?
I'm still getting used to the heigth. After my last little muddin' adventure, I spent around $30 at the pay & spray. Then I had to come home and hit it again with the garden hose to get more mud and sand out ot from under the truck. I figured the least I could do for is have a clean under carriage for my buddies to work under.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:59 PM
seminaryranger
More Turbo
Here's a few pics I took of the finished suspension.

I elected to remove the shock boots because I've had bad luck in the past with dirt/mud/water getting trapped in the boots and not being able to get back out. That led to the shock bodies rusting out and debris getting trapped around the seal where the shaft enters the shock. I'll try my luck without the boots this time.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
akford351
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by seminaryranger

Thanks. Your truck has the 4.5" Icon, right? The new MT/R Kevlars are fantastic tires, especially on the wet roads. Off road, they seem to do as good, similar to a BFG MT in the mud. Sand traction seems good, but will dig like any mud tire if you're not careful. Price seems to be a little high in the 18" sizes in my area.
Yeah I have the Icon 4.5" and love it. Rides great and is very high quality. I upgraded from the DR/Icon 2.5" also, which as you now know is a great setup as well.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:15 PM
TxFireman1972
Tuned
Are those ICON shocks? I've never seen ICONs with the boot end up like that on the front shocks. The stem mount is on the boot end huh?

Quick Reply: Icon 2.5" Leveling System Installed