Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT kinda: Stealership rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM
gasgrunt88
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT kinda: Stealership rant

Ok so I know that I'm supposed to know better...

I took my truck to the dealership yesterday for service. A friend of the family is one of the head service writers so naturally I took it to him. I was in bad need of an oil change, fuel filter change, and belt/idler pulley change. This is all stuff that I can obviously do myself but it has been so cold and the whole rain and snow thing puts a damper on things. I don't have a garage or immediate access to one. I was expecting to pay around 150-200 clams. I got roped into a coolant change because they said they might as well just replace it because they would lose about a gallon when they take off the radiator hose. Ok whatever, do it. Then they told me the truck was done. Turns out the bill came to around $410 dollars but with my customer advantage card I saved about $20 so it came to a grand total of $391.45. Why you ask? Thats because the diesel mechanics have a rate of 100 and some odd dollars an hour. Can you believe that? I nearly sh** a brick when he told me the total. Needless to say I will never do that again.