Sponsored by: DP Tuner

GOT DP NOW HAVE TURBO SURGE

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOT DP NOW HAVE TURBO SURGE

I just wanted to double check on the turbo surge thing, I just installed the DP-F5 and am totally in love with it. I am getting massive turbo surge and am going with the ported housing from ITP. I have been reading around on here and it looks like I made the better decision over the WW mod. What you guys think?

Alex

Old 02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
IMHO it really depends on how attached to $400 you are. I have run both and don't know that I would want to part with the extra money for it.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
riverrat41
Postmaster

I have the WW and love it.It curred my surge.Cheap fix.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
if it was me, i would just spend the money on a 38R. thats what i did when i got Surge

Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
IMHO it really depends on how attached to $400 you are. I have run both and don't know that I would want to part with the extra money for it.

Ok, I was kinda hearing that on the WW you lose a little boost and most that spoke about it noticed a power decrease. On the ITP website they were saying basically its the ease of install that makes the $400 worth it. I would like to save the dough though. Guess thats why I shot this thread on here.

Ps. the install of the WW looked easy on the thread I found with pics.

Pss, Clay, I love the JW VB combined with the DP, kicks a##. And thanks for the prompt core refund, that was fast!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
03_PSD
Postmaster
ww here too, save the $$ for some more mods!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
if it was me, i would just spend the money on a 38R. thats what i did when i got Surge

I heard you are the guy to hit up for a loan to get a 38R...is that correct? If thats the case I'm all over it!

Thanks for the input guys.

Alex

Old 02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by riverrat41
I have the WW and love it.It curred my surge.Cheap fix.

You notice any power diff on the low end? Slower spool? Anything of the sort?

Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you have about 1600.00 for a 38r, by all means Alex, go for it. I got a bigtime deal on 4 of them a guy was selling and I snapped it up, along with 3 other guys here. I had the WW in mine and it helped but I hear alot of guys mention the ported housing and they love it. All personal choice.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:34 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with the new housing myself. I was told by quite a few people that the WW will lose some boost and isn't as good, and that there can be balance problems. Yet after I did that I met a lot of people that were perfectly happy with their WW. So I dunno, there's pros and cons I guess.
But I'm beginning to better understand those that say to save up and go with a 38R. After buying the ported housing, I found I wanted a bigger exhaust housing, then add in a rebuild kit etc; and I regret not crying the one time and spending a little more and doing the 38R.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by big poppa
If you have about 1600.00 for a 38r, by all means Alex, go for it. I got a bigtime deal on 4 of them a guy was selling and I snapped it up, along with 3 other guys here. I had the WW in mine and it helped but I hear alot of guys mention the ported housing and they love it. All personal choice.

I just put my application for a loan in at the bank of PWERSTROKE99, lol.

No for reals, I can't do that as much as I would like to, solve all kinds of issues.

I gotta say though, my buddy who sold me the truck bought an '07 Chevy Duramax and put a 75hp chip on it. I smoked his a## yesterday(three times). He was pissed, when he sold me the truck his was waaaaaayyyy faster. Bring it on Duraflacid ######'s!!! GO 7.3!!! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!

Sorry got a little excited, LOL

Alex

Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
'02strokerpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by spdmpo
I went with the new housing myself. I was told by quite a few people that the WW will lose some boost and isn't as good, and that there can be balance problems. Yet after I did that I met a lot of people that were perfectly happy with their WW. So I dunno, there's pros and cons I guess.
But I'm beginning to better understand those that say to save up and go with a 38R. After buying the ported housing, I found I wanted a bigger exhaust housing, then add in a rebuild kit etc; and I regret not crying the one time and spending a little more and doing the 38R.
Yep, that was all stuff I found too, either way the whole garrett turbo would be the nice way to go. I JUST CAN'T DO IT CAPTAIN! lol

gosh, i think i have officially been FTE ified!

Alex

Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know where there is going to be a used ATS ported shroud and 1.0 exhaust housing in a few weeks

Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
riverrat41
Postmaster

Originally Posted by '02strokerpilot
You notice any power diff on the low end? Slower spool? Anything of the sort?
No Sir.....Everything has been positive since the WW install.I love to hear it sing.We just installed the bell.uppipes and thicker boots a few weeks ago.I wished I would have done that install sooner,I really like the difference that made as well.I am talking more boost with no leaks from the better made boots.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
riverrat41
Postmaster

Originally Posted by spdmpo
I am still confused on the specifics of a 38r??Will you explain?I read about them here but still do not know the difference between it(38r),ported housing and stock.

Quick Reply: GOT DP NOW HAVE TURBO SURGE