Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

Does anybody Know How to......?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 07:11 PM
flyboy2610
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me thinks you has too much time on your hands.

Old 02-19-2003, 03:17 PM
dfisher1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All,
I don't drink because I have to........
I drink to stop the voices!!!!!!!
KingFisher

Old 02-20-2003, 03:48 PM
theonlybull
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excelent work dennis, now if only our government would be so resoursefull.... it would have evaporated b4 they would have figured it out......

a spilled beer is a serious offence in this country, with a possable jail term of 4 years, and a $300,000 fine. so if anyone visit's our wonderfull country, hold onto your beer....

Old 02-21-2003, 08:41 AM
soso
Junior User

myself i put my beer in spill proof kids cup then i can roll all over the yard and not spill any being than canadian beer is about the same price as our gas, I'm starting to wonder witch one i should put were!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 07:55 AM
captainal
Junior User
I saw some cool "sports watching caps" a couple of years ago. They had can/bottle holders built onto them and food grade tubing that could be placed into each beverage container that were joined with a tee fitting that joined both tubes into a single DRINKING TUBE. Apparently this invention would allow you to watch a game and drink beer without losing the use of your HANDS! If the cap was fitted properly, there is no reason that you couldn't WALK while wearing the cap and use your hands for other more important things like fending off the "beer-spilling vise" while searching for the shop light switch, while you're heading into the shop and probably discussing an upcoming project with some friends. After thinking about the "sports watching cap" plumbing, the beer would "siphon" from the cans downward, and if one can emptied before the other can, you wouldn't be able to drink the rest of the beer in the other can, unless you replaced the tee fitting with a 3-WAY VALVE like we use for main/reserve fuel tank plumbing on our FORD TRUCKS... just some thoughts on preventing beer spills!

Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
dixon18
Junior User
I use a beer helmet. Less trips to the fridge.
By the way spilling Canadian Gold I believe is a felony and subject to capital punishment even if we don't use it up here. (pity)

Angus, even though you did come off sounding like an engineer, i believe you've reinvented the still.

Chris
Alberta

Old 05-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Bikeitswift
Senior User
Talking Beer Glove

A Beer Glove helps minimize "accidental dropping of the beer" incidents, and especially when you are sitting in your chair in the garage and "dose off" (drinkers for Pass Out). To make a Beer Glove you must have a large, comfortable glove that you will be able to easily slip your hand into while its frozen it its "clutch" position. I suggest one of those old welding gloves you couldn't bring yourself to throw away.
1. Get a foam 'Koozy" of yourchoice...the ribbed ones allow the can or bottle to slide in and out easier.
2. Put on large glove. Be sure to put on your "drinkin' hand".
3. Coat koozy with glue (I like Goop).
4. Insert cold beer into koozy and clutch in glove.
5. Hold in glove while glue sets...now during this interlude you have what's known in Beer Glove Circles as a "Double Doser" going on...the alcohol PLUS the glue fumes. How good can it get!!
6. Replace beer as needed. The "clutch" should be maintained for at least an hour.
7. After glue has taken a set, gingerly slide hand out of glove, allow to "set-up" over night.
8. The Beer Glove should be displayed with pride. Homer Simson is rumored to have one.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Sberry27
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going to pass this thread on, I think its the best one on this forum so far. The weldors will love it.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:20 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'm WAY late to suggest a solution, but here's mine anyway.

The second you spill your beer, immediately get yourself another one, and bring back 4 nice sized STEAKS. Proceed to open your new beer, and marinate your steaks in the spilled beer. (Don't let your dog anywhere near the steaks.) Then, once fully marinated, throw them on the grill, and let your dog lick up the rest.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
919rider
Senior User
OK, I obviously now need to make a beer glove! Great idea!

K

Old 05-28-2004, 01:07 PM
beartracks
Lead Driver
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts
Around my place if anything hits the floor you'd have to fight the dog for it!

Oooops! Wrong button. Maybe I had too many beers.

Ooooops! It wasn't the wrong button, just a new page. Now where the heck did that beer go? Here Spot, here boy.

Dang, now you got me wishen for a Kokanee beer.

Last edited by beartracks; 05-28-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:40 PM
bootie
Senior User
go 4 the floor suck - and as to jail and a fine bah!!!! we just shoot offenders down here - i still think the IV is the beat way to go - not that i'm allowed to drink so it's all irrelevant 4 me
but cheers to all you's anyways

Old 08-29-2004, 10:47 AM
jamlam1
5th Wheeling
Guys.Go here to see the answer to this question from my wifes point of view.
http://home.centurytel.net/jamlam1/Bier.wmv
It will take a few minutes on a dialup but I promise its worth it.

Old 08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
bootie
Senior User
thats funny -good thing i don't drink beer

Old 09-01-2004, 09:11 AM
captainal
Junior User
I have given the problem of accidentally spilt beer some additional analysis. My previous suggestion, (the "beer hat") was merely a safety device which may be employed in order to prevent beer spillage. (The "Beer Glove" is also a wonderful safety device - I will build one for myself as soon as I can find an old working glove that needs to have its working life extended above & beyond the original call of duty!)
BEER THAT HAS BEEN SPILLED ON THE SHOP FLOOR CAN BE SAVED WITHOUT HAVING TO FIND A WAY TO DRINK IT! It may serve a lesser purpose if you have a mop and a bucket handy- wet your mop in the freshly spilled beer, and then scrub the most oil&dirt-stained area of your floor with the mop, wring the mop out into the bucket, wet the mop again in the spilt beer to get it ready for the next scrubbing and grab yourself a FRESH BEER. Scrub the oil&dirt-stained area again with the mop, and then take a few sips of your fresh beer while allowing the carbonation of the spilt beer to work on the stained area.(some local carpet cleaning outfits claim that their "carbonated" cleaning solutions clean better than "soap based solutions" because their stuff "fizzes" the dirt out and doesn't leave an "oily soap residue" that will attract dirt) After finishing your fresh beer, mop up the rest of the spilled beer, wring it out into the bucket and dispose the spilt beer into the backyard. (or other suitable place, like a toilet or sewer) By using an otherwise useless material and not wasting it, you will be a hero because you are RECYCLING!