Sponsored by: Moser

trouble starting sometimes....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-1999, 12:22 PM
bigbean311
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I got that leaky right rear axle fixed but it turned out to that the brake cylinder was leaking as well so of course the bill piled up. Now the rear brakes work well and I don't pull real bad to one side. Damn thing likes to lock up though. I was use to stepping on the brakes harder since only one rear was working. It will take some getting used to.
Now about the starting problem. When I try to start it the only sound I hear is one click. Earlier I had to make sure the gearshift was all the way to the left in park. If it wasn't nothing at all would happen. I can get it to start if I put into drive then put it back into park, sometimes I have to do this a couple of times. My friendly NAPA salesman said that it was the nuetral safety switch gone bad. Has anyone else had this problem? He said I could bypass the switch. Has anyone else done this? I don't know if that sounds like such a good idea. PreThanks.
Damien in CA

Old 08-22-1999, 06:56 PM
Scott
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, i see the problem your having. When it wont Start, do you have power to other things (i.e. Radio, Dome Light, Headlights)? itsounds like the Saftey Switch, but it could also be the Pos. batt Cable. my truck did the same thing, You can bypass the swtich, all it does is prevent the truck from starting in gear. mine is bypassed.

Scott

Old 08-22-1999, 10:46 PM
Gerald Ash