1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

number plate bracket help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm having a little trouble remembering what I've told folks on posts and via PMs.

With the lights mounted as I have them, the YOM license plate I have is partially obscured by the bumper - but that how it was back them. I've looked at tons of trucks and asked the owners about it and they all say the same thing: "with the original light brackets and license plate bracket, the back bumper sheilds part of the license plate." I checked with the CHP and Ca DMV and they said that it was fine. That's the way they were.

So basically the choices lie with the owner. You can mount the brakcets down far enough to have the license plate fit, and be slightly hidden, or you can flip the tail light brackets upside down or in the upper two holes and cut the license plate bracket and mount the plate off center and see the whole thing. It's a matter of personal preference I guess. I prefered to not cut the braket and have the license plate be centered on the light and show in it's original position.

Here's an newer picture.

Name:  J Outer Priming Complete 4.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  56.9 KB