General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What a great Christmas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 03:52 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,230 Likes on 808 Posts
What a great Christmas!

Fantastic day all around! We exchanged some very nice gifts, didn't go over board on the spending and damned sure didn't go in debt.

The entire family was together either in person, over the phone or on the web.

After al was done, we went to the AMC theater and watched Sherlock Holmes. Never been to a movie on Christmas day, it was nice and the film was very good too.

I trust all is well with everyone.

Tim

Old 12-25-2009, 04:32 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,764 Likes on 1,152 Posts
just my wife and kids this year, some very nice gifts not a penny in debt for any of it (got my wife 2 signed original water color paintings about $800.00 to $1,000.00 ( I won't post what I paid for them)) . I made the family tradition breakfast, apple cinnamon crepes for breakfast. then for dinner I made home made rolls, mashed potatoes w/gravy and Elk steaks.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:48 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear you all had a good Christmas. helifixer, what's Elk taste like? I want to try that!

Christmas was good here. Just me and the 'rents like normal. Dad got a blueray surround sound system (which I fought very hard against but lost). Mom got a beginners sewing machine. The 'rents got me way too many little goodies. I got some retractable straps I'm excite about - no more rolling those little boogers up! I just hope they last.

We had the normal Ham for dinner. We have Turkey for thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas every year.

It's been a great day!

Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Icefan71
Elder User
Today, my life has come full circle. My girls got me a pack of tighty whiteys and couldn't wait for me to unwrap it. What a proud moment. I can still remember watching my dad open up his packs of socks and underwear from us kids and thinking what a great present we got him. LOL. Anyway, it was a great day. I got home from work at 6am, got 1 hour of sleep, then the kids woke. We opened presents and have been eating and playing with new toys all day. Had a delicious ham for dinner. The wife and I are exhausted. She was up all night wrapping. And this is the one day of the year the kids are on their best behavior. They only had 1 fight! Merry Christmas everyone. BTW, elk steaks sound pretty tasty...never tasted elk.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Icefan, Im jealous of you guys who have familes and kids! Man if I ever become a daddy my kids are going to be so spoiled. LOL

Let's go get us some Elksteaks!

Old 12-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Elk steaks.....................You will never feel satisfied with beef again, do not try unless you are prepared to leave your taste for beef behind. Just like pheasant makes chicken seem bland and boring.
Quiet Christmas here with just us and my folks, restful and no stress..........After this lousy year, I did not have high expectations for x-mas. Quite satisfied with good company and non extravagant gifts............Gifts are not the reason for the season.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:54 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Dave I'm glad you had a quiet Christmas! I really hope next year is better. Not only me and my family but for all of FTE - seems like last year was rough for everyone in some way.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 6CylBill
Dave I'm glad you had a quiet Christmas! I really hope next year is better. Not only me and my family but for all of FTE - seems like last year was rough for everyone in some way.
Bill, I think 2009 will go down in the books as one of the worst years ever for a LOT of folks............Hopefully, 2010 will bring some improvement.
(But still, be prepared for more of the same just to be safe.)

Old 12-25-2009, 07:19 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
I hear ya brother. Like you said, hope for the the best but prepare for the same old crap.

Thank God we get days like today. It's the little things that keep the average family going.

man I love Christmas. I hate to see it end.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
I can say with a great deal of certainty that the mail volume on my route was much higher this than last year. I consider that to be a good thing as it shows that people are making money and spending some of it. I haven't had an 8 hour work day in over two months. Tons of ovetime, I'm exhausted.

Happy new year gents and ladies!

Tim

Old 12-25-2009, 08:38 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Tim's raking in the big bucks!

OT is when they START paying you what you're really worth.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:09 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,764 Likes on 1,152 Posts
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Elk steaks.....................You will never feel satisfied with beef again, do not try unless you are prepared to leave your taste for beef behind. Just like pheasant makes chicken seem bland and boring.
Quiet Christmas here with just us and my folks, restful and no stress..........After this lousy year, I did not have high expectations for x-mas. Quite satisfied with good company and non extravagant gifts............Gifts are not the reason for the season.
True unless you raise your own beef, next week I slaughter my Brangus, he has been on #1 alfalfa and 4 way sweet feed for about 6 months, we butchered my fathers 2 weeks ago. once you raise and butcher your own beef that "stuff" from the stores or restaurants is nasty!
Elk is a very lean dark meat kind of has a game taste, can get strong if the kill isn't quick, they are a grazer / browser so somewhere between beef and deer, where I hunt they have access to good pasture and grazing.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
nobody to buy presents for me,but it was good for the kids,and that is what is important right now.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:36 AM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Eh...
Can't complain.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:29 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 6CylBill
Tim's raking in the big bucks!

OT is when they START paying you what you're really worth.
That's what we all say Bill, but the "G" gets a fair amount of that.

Tim

Quick Reply: What a great Christmas!