6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Have Banks 6 Gun, want a DPF delete...what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 PM
astamp78
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have Banks 6 Gun, want a DPF delete...what to do?

OK, so I have the following mods on the truck:
- Banks Ram Air intak
- Banks Technicooler CAC
- Banks dual exhaust
- Banks 6 Gun tuner w/out screen

I like the adjust on the fly of the Banks 6 gun. Can I so a Spartan basic DPF delete tune (no added power) with a DPF/DOC delete kit and keep the banks 6 gun tuner? Or is that stupid?

It seems like having the DPF gone will give me less chance of problems down the line. Less fuel in the oil, less strain on the engine in normal driving. Plus better MPG.

I have 13k miles currently and have had ZERO issues other than a squeaky idler pulley. Do you think I need to worry about warranty issues with a DPF delete?

Everything I have currently can be removed with no trace. Once i do a Spartan tuner, the computer, and therefore Ford, will know it has been messed with.

Hard to decide but I really want better MPG and I really really want more sound!

What do you think?
Should I go for the Spartan Tuner and DPF/DOC delete?
Can it work with the Banks 6 gun tuner?

And lastly, with DPF/DOC delete and no muffler what so ever, how loud will this be?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:24 PM
peefrog
Freshman User
I've read elsewhere where "Nutty Professor" has written that you cannot stack anything with the spartan set up. Now you get all their tunes up to 250 with the spartan set up and that's including the stock dpf delete. Put your Banks stuff on ebay and use the money to get ur spartan set up. I still have the muffler and it sounds just right to me. Not too loud in the truck but you can still hear it. Warranty issues you'll just have to put EVERYTHING back to stock so the dealer won't flag your vin. Jus my .02.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts
don't think you can stack with any programmer out there. you will have to put it back stock each time and I think that there are issues with the down pipe if you take it off too many times. I have heard it tends to start leaking and then you get exhaust in the cab.

Maybe others will chime in on the ease of the removal/replacement of the dpf.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 PM
XPLOSIV
Freshman User
The only thing you'll NEED to get rid of is the Six Gun which can't be stacked. The other stuff will be fine. As for Spartan, they're awesome and many people including myself use the 210/250 tune as a daily driver. If you do alot of towing they just came out with a new/improved 210 tune for towing which you can leave the truck set at. After having the tune I'll never go back to stock, unless I have to take the truck into the dealership. Some guys even use the high tunes. The exhaust note will be a little louder, but not crazy loud like the old 7.3. When you do the DPF/DOC delete you don't have to remove the downpipe and you can keep the Banks DPF back exhaust on. The only reason you'd need to remove the down pipe is if you went with a full system, but it's not needed. Some guys are still running the stock exhaust which has a muffler that does almost nothing at all anyways. I would recommend doing the DPF/DOC and not just the DPF. Seperating the two would seem to be a pain in the a** when the previous is much easier. Hope this helps. Also if you haven't already, check out Powerstroke.org. There are alot of guys with great info over there.