Notices

Custom truck owners and drivers: Heads up for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Custom truck owners and drivers: Heads up for 2010

This year marks the coming of age of the FTE Online Ford Truck Championships. It has been done this year in a way that I believe will be a model for how we will go about it for some time to come.

We hold ten rounds throughout the year, and at the end of the year the top finisher in each round goes on to the finals at the years end.

It is open to all year, model, and style ford trucks, at all levels of customization from stock to whatever you want to do....

In addition, the first place finishers in each round are given by Internet Brands a free one year Premium Membership at FTE - which opens many options besides the members only thread at the top of the forums including fewer ads on the threads you see on your screen. I note among other things that it allows as many as 1,000 saved messages (PM's) which can be very helpful at times.

RIGHT NOW the "FINALS" for season 2009 are taking place in the link you can find in my signature. I strongly suggest you go take a look! It is a unique and fun aspect of FTE that several of us have been working on for more than three years now hoping to make it an annual event that makes FTE even more fascinating and entertaining.

A lot of us take very real pride in our trucks and what we have done with them. Sometimes starting from BARE BONES and building something wonderful out of danged near nothing to begin with...

For 2010 the schedule as we see it now will be one round each month beginning in January, and continuing all the way up to October, when we hope to have ten rounds completed and a "FINALS" round (such as is running now) ready to roll...

PLEASE COME TAKE A LOOK!

Nothing like this can happen without people proud of their trucks and wanting to play too.....

~Dutch J.
(Greywolf at FTE)

PS: I don't get paid to do this, I'm just a regular member like you who just happened to think of it and DO IT

Please let this post not be moved or canx'd - my sole intention is to make FTE just that much better...

Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you can count me in!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Cool beans Bill! That tells me you've just about got your '66 "REET, NEAT, and COMPLETE!!!" and that's just awesome...

By the way: I am seriously looking at a split class approach also, though wether there will be just late model and classic, or late model classic, and antique is still up in the air.

"Late Model" will be 2000 and onward, Classic everything earlier, if there is enough interest I'd like to do 1965 and earlier as "Antique" but there hasn't been much feedback lately. The discussion thread on it is in the General Automotive forum

~Dutchwolf

PS: What I'd really like to do is pin down exactly when ford trucks went from "BIG FAT ROUND SEXY FENDERS" to fleet and stepsides - that seems to me to be the major distinguishing factor between antique and classic

Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Merke
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does this work?? is it an on line competition?

Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
FIRST OFF - check out this link to the 2009 FTE Online Ford Truck Championship
What you will find there will show you pretty much the scope of what we have done.

This year we have done ten rounds, with ten entries in each (FIRST COME - First served, no late entries....) with a final round at the end of the season.

As far as I can see - barring outside altruism my dream of trophies or plaques is just not going to be realised, but the fame and notoriety is permanent.

The individual round winners DO HAVE that free subscription though - and that's something.

If you look at the bottom of the first post in each "ROUND" you will find successive links that will walk you back through the whole works - right back to where we started, and you can see how we put it all together as it evolved. Frankly it was pretty amazing...

*Those links are called "Continuity Links" and it might be hard to find some of them because of the small type. They are generally found in the exact center at the bottom of the first post in each contest thread, just above my own signature

I did that so that the individual threads could always be found, unlike earlier contest attempts

Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Merke
Junior User
thanks i did check out this link to the 2009 FTE Online Ford Truck Championship

Old 12-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I hope you looked back far enough to see a copy of the rules as stated.

For 2010, there are some small changes, but if it goes into three classes, some more can be expected dealing with the "CLASS" definitions.

This is in the General Automotive forum.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Merke
Junior User
thanks ill check that out too it looks like fun and kool

Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
This all has been more fun than a tree full of squirrels when you have pockets full of peanuts.....
I cannot remember having so much FUN!

YOU GO BOY!

(HOW YOU MAKE YOUR RIDE WILD AND BAD IS UP TO YOU)

*Squirrel nibbles at Wolfies pocket*

"WHAT?"

"Squirrel babblezzz something*

"You go get your own, those nuts are mine."

(Life returns to normal)

Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Merke
Junior User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
This all has been more fun than a tree full of squirrels when you have pockets full of peanuts.....
I cannot remember having so much FUN!

YOU GO BOY!

(HOW YOU MAKE YOUR RIDE WILD AND BAD IS UP TO YOU)

*Squirrel nibbles at Wolfies pocket*

"WHAT?"

"Squirrel babblezzz something*

"You go get your own, those nuts are mine."

(Life returns to normal)
lmaso at what i dont know

Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
One more update - it ain't over yet. There may in fact be FOUR Classes, as follows:

1920 - 1956
1957 - 1960
1961 - 1996
1997 - Onward

But I think the 57 - 60 class is too short a year group to justify a seperate effort.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
did you try it this way...
1920-1947
1948-1960
1961-1979
1980-1997
97 and onward.