1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Bad day at WallyWorld !

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
fepowerguy8
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard of stuff like that happening at shops with ASE certified techs. If I can't do something myself there are only two guys I take my stuff to, one builds national show winning street rods and customs, he helps me with interiors and bodywork, and his friend that builds his engines and chassis for him I have him help me with all the mechanicals. They both lower their prices if I help. I'm lucky though my grandpa was a bodyman and mechanic and my dad was an engine machinist and mechanic, and I know two guys locally that between them know everything about cars.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
quality job 1
Freshman User
i was at WM with my GF at the time and i said wht the hey, i need an oil change so i'll get it done here. i asked the guy to check the rear end fluid and he said it was ok so i went with it. later on i took a trip with my club to atlanta for a big camaro-firebird event and as we got off the interstate i noticed something but it happened so fast i couldnt catch it

on our way back we were getting off just north of mont eagle and as i turned i heard popping as i made the turn. i nurse it home and the next day i check the fluid (no leaks on the rear what so ever) and i drain about a pepsi can amount of fluid out of the rear. i re fluid everything and it was "ok" for now but still called WM and reported it. the damage was to be found later.

the rear in my formula is a borg 9 bolt not to be confused with the 9 INCH. this rear is better than the 10 bolt 7.5 that came standard in these cars. its 7.75 and was installed from 85-89. needless to say i had to replace the carrier 6 months later. new thru GM its $1100 at the time (2001) and now they are only avail from austrailia where they are made. which is another reason they had a short production life.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by mrsixpack
I found the left handed thread parts listed and heres the list they fit >
1985-88 E250, 73-74 E300, 75-88 E350, 80-89 F250, 67-89 F350, I'm sure there are more because my 52' F2 used them but most likely a different size then what I found !
I still can not find the lower dust cover/greese retainer for the king pin. All I can find is complete king pin sets !
Does anyone know if you can replace the sun visors in a 84' to the longer ones with the hold up clip from a newer year ? Mine are drooping again and I would like to find some way to stop that problem !
BTW...Happy Holidays everyone...Drive Safe !
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ecx_ctl0_content_SectionRepeater__ctl1_VehicleL ist border=0 cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width=300 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
what is stripped? the zerk, or the fastener? can you run a tap in it, and install new fasteners, or a new zerk? the visor will work, the 3 screws on the outside line up, but the plastic clip where the visor snaps too has to have a 2nd hole drilled where the plastic foot sits. I up graded both of my older trucks with them.